Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

Does the Arlo Pro 2 timeout automatically after 30 minutes like the Arlo Pro does? I'd like to use as a baby monitor. I had the Arlo Q cameras and they were garbage with connectivity and kept dropping the feeds and were too unreliable to use as a baby monitor.

I would keep it plugged in constantly, 24/7.

I have an Arlo Pro base station and two cameras for outdoor monitoring already. If there is no longer a timeout issue, can I use my existing base and just add the Arlo Pro 2 camera?

BTW, I understand a timeout on the Arlo Pro cameras if on battery, but when plugged in this should not happen.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Honestly...a good question.

Don't know... As the Pro2 while plugged in IS recording all the time, not sure if the app/web software will time you out.

Someone will have to test this.

ask again in a couple hours  🙂  , I'll start a test.

( as to the Q, I find it to be one of the better cams from Arlo... good rez and don't think mine has dropped out in over 2 years ) YMMV

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

Appreciate the response!

Here's a thread I made in the Arlo Q forum discussing my issues with it. Was just incredibly unreliable.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Q/quot-The-streaming-service-is-reporting-that-the-device-is-n...

The quality of the streams and the consistency of the Arlo Pro is much better so I was really hoping this would work. I don't want to go back to the fuzzy baby monitor! I tested the Pro last  night and it timed out 30 minutes on the dot. I'd happily swap them out for two Arlo Pro 2's if there was no timeout.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... set the ac powered Pro2 up and running .... at 25-26 mins it was still going.

At 45 mins of run time, I got back to it and it had timed out ( web prgm stated it had ).

Goin to guess it times out at the 30min mark +/-  like all the others

PS read thru the prev thread, can't say I have used it for a baby monitor ( as I have an Arlo Baby ).

but I did test it in the past for timing out and after an hour or two, turned it off ( this was over a yr ago and a lot can happen in FW )

jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

I was afraid that would be the case. Appreciate you checking into it.

From what I've read about the Arlo Baby I'd likely have the same issues that I have with the Q. Looks like we're going back to the old fuzzy baby monitor.

Thanks again

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Find the quality of the Baby very similar to the Q... both very good..

Here's a snap shot of quality;

baby1.jpg

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation