Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO 2 - Applying Activity Zones to modes?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brenno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I have three Arlo Qs and have recently purchased two Arlo Pro 2. I have had no problem at all configuring  Activity Zones for the Arlo Q and creating specific Modes that would instruct the cameras to use the Activity Zones created.

However, when it comes to the Arlo Pro 2 cameras, things get complicated. I am using my Arlo Pro 2 Cameras plugged-in to AC Power, so I do have access to creating Activity Zones. I am able to create the zones by logging to the Arlo App (web or IOS0, going to My Devices > Selecting the Arlo Pro 2 Camera under the respective Base > Video Settings > Activity Zones > Create Activity Zones. So far, so good.

However, when I proceed to create the Modes that would tell the cameras which Activity Zones to record, I can't find the option to do so at all! What am I missing? The steps in the Mode creation that seem to be available to me are as follows:

Modde >> Select Base > Add a Mode > Enter Mode Name  [Click Next] > Trigger Device [select camera] > Trigger [select when motion is detected ]> Motion Settings [select motion sensitivity] [ click next] > Devices [select camera, again. I wonder why do this twice] > Action [record video] > Record Settings [record until activity stops] > Notifications [push notifications]> Summary > Save/Finish.

At no moment during the Mode setup there seems to be a screen that would allow me to tell the camera which Activity Zones to use to record (as is the case with the Arlo Q, in which I am given such an option).

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I spent over an hour on the phone support hoping it would be a simple how-to question, but to my bafflement they had no clue on how to do it either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I disagree with the decision, the Pro 2 zones are used once they are set up. You don't get to select them or have the ability to turn them off.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I disagree with the decision, the Pro 2 zones are used once they are set up. You don't get to select them or have the ability to turn them off.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also spent a long time trying to figure it out. It would be so beneficial to have the ability to select certain zones for the modes. Really hope they add it. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation