Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alro Pro 2 is offline and won't reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
smax360
Guide
Guide

I have an Arlo Pro 2 camera that will not connect to the base station. This is the 2nd Arlo Pro 2 camera with the same issue; the previous was replaced by Netgear under warranty two months ago. The error message says “This Arlo device is offline Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.“.

Solutions I have tried include:

1. re-syncing it with the Arlo base station
  2. running it only on battery mode
  3. running it only on AC power mode
  4. running it on AC power with the battery inserted
  5. tried using a brand new AC power supply from Arlo (I verified the electric outlet is fully functional)
  6. removing the battery, powering off the camera and powering off the base station. Then plugging the camera into AC power and restarting the camera + base station, and re-syncing the camera.

None of these solutions have fixed the connection issue. The camera will no longer power on using the removable Arlo battery.

The Arlo Pro base station also has 3 older Arlo Pro 1 cameras that work ok, so I'm not sure why the Pro 2 can't remain connected. It worked for about a week or two after it was replaced, but then stopped connecting and now will not sync.

The Netgear chat support team suggested removing the battery from the Pro 2, powering off the camera, and also powering off the base station, then powering everything back on and restarting. This worked for a few days but the camera suddenly stopped recording and lost its connection to the Alro base station, and now will not reconnect.

This is the 2nd Pro 2 camera I’ve tried and I’m ready to throw it all away and buy a Google Nest camera. All ideas are welcome!

HW Version H3
Firmware 1.125.8.0_19174

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smax360,

What is the LED behavior on the camera when you attempt to sync? You might try inserting the battery from one of your working cameras to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

alreadyhaveanam
Initiate
Initiate

I started with 2 cameras and everything was fine including set up on the computer and my phone. However the cameras would start to drop off line randomly and couldn't be reset remotely. Pretty big problem when your away from home. Cameras didn't go off line together either so no common thread. After giving up resetting I removed one of the cameras from the system from remote but that was a big mistake because I couldn't add it back in from remote. Had a neighbor enter the house and unplug both cameras. One came back up but the one I removed didn't. Once back home I tried to add the 2nd camera to the system as if it was new but no good. Got the chime sound but phone said no Arlo device found. Used a push pin to push reset button-next to sync button. Had to hold it in for a while but finally did reset and I was able to add it in after that.

Problems:

1) Cameras going off line when I'm away-which is N/G-for no apparent reason

2) Can't be reset without powering down and back up which can't be done remotely

3) Couldn't find an answer to my problem on this forum-very hard to navigate and lots of nonsense to sort through but no solution. I did see someone say they put their cameras on a timer to reset every 2 days but then lost recordings-not a viable solution.

4) No solution offered for my situation either-camera removed from system and can't be added back in. My resetting action worked so maybe others can try that.

5) Piss poor support-tried the chat option but wanted to kill the other person after a while of no progress.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation