Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How Do I Use The Arlo Pro 2 Six Camera Setup

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Samin3444
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have an Arlo Pro 1, which came in a bundle of 6 cameras. I want to switch to an Arlo Pro 2 setup and we only have bundles of 4 in the store. Can I buy a 4 camera bundle, and 2 additional Pro2 cameras and use them the way I use my 6 camera bundle under a "Basic-free" cloud storage?

I ask because some say that after 5 cameras, I will have to pay a monthly fee to record the videos for the Pro2 setups. Currenlty, my 6 camera Pro1 bundle does not requre any additional fee and I can record all 6 through the cloud. 

32 REPLIES 32
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tplyler,

As mentioned by jguerdat above, you must set up a brand new account to take advantage of the special 6 camera offer on the free basic plan.

Remove all devices from your current account and set up a new account using a new email address and you should be able to sync and view the 6th camera.

JamesC

Quazi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know what code you are talking about.  I purchased the 6th camera outfit, on a new account and

1. there is no ask for a code

2. I can't add the 6th camera

3. when I called to speak to Netgear tech support, Anthony stated "you are only allowed to add 5 cameras" on base station even though the kit is a 6 camera kit.

4. How do you spell bait and switch? Attorney General

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Quazi,

What is the model number of the kit you purchased? You should find this on a sticker on the bottom of the box (looks like VMS4230-100NAS)?

JamesC

Cuatrillizos
Aspirant
Aspirant
O purchased the 6 camera bundle.
Does not let me change subscription. Does not let me see all 6 at same time.
Have to deactivate one in order to see 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't install according to the instructions that came with the system. You have to select the specifc model/SKU/whatever to get the 6 camera setup. This only works for a new setup so delete everything in Settings, My Devices in your current login and start fresh with a different email address.

Cuatrillizos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here. Also called they told me to create a separate account since I have orbi.
I put a new email. Tried to set up the 6 cams. And nothing
Cuatrillizos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vmb4000
I can’t change subscription also
Cuatrillizos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Look what it sais
Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies