Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Alarm.com or Z-Wave Integration

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Forscotland
Guide
Guide

Are there any plans to ever integrate the Arlo camera system with Z-Wave or Alarm.com?  For example, Alarm.com has a beautiful and seemless app to control the alarm and Z-Wave devices in the home, so integrating the Arlo camera system would be incredible.  The current cameras that integrate into the Alarm.com system is garbage.  Alarm.com's progressive, beautiful, and frequently updated app mirrors Arlo's similar business model and products.  

Tony

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo has already partnered with Wink, SmartThings, IFTTT, Stringify, and Telguard. We are continuously working on additional partnerships and integrations to widen the options for you to use your Arlo devices in even more Smart Home environments. Keep an eye out on the community for new Arlo partner integration announcements.

JamesC

Forscotland
Guide
Guide

I sure hope so because Z-Wave is more popular and has more products than Smarthings or Zigbee.  Plus Alarm.com is used by many DIY alarm service companies such as Livewatch which fits with the DIY nature of the Arlo camera system.  Livewatch has very reasonable alarm monitoring fees and NO CONTRACT, unlike many other companies.   That's why I chose them as well as many others.  Lots of us choose the DIY method because it's easy to setup their system, just like the ease of use of the Arlo.  Fingers crossed that this partnership happens soon...

Tony

dmatt56
Star
Star

Agree - I'd love to see alarm.com integration!!!!  

Netgear - PLEASE make this happen!

Forscotland
Guide
Guide

Arlo,

Per Alarm.com's annual report on March 16, 2017, they provide their service through nearly 6,000 service partners and had over 35 million devices on their network last year.

http://investors.alarm.com/sec.cfm?DocType=Annual&Year=&SortOrder=Date+Descending&FormatFilter=

Like I said before, they provide service for companies such as Livewatch and Simplisafe.  Very popular DIY alarm equipment and monitoring companies.  I've had the camera systems through those companies and they are garbage compared to Arlo.  The only nice thing is that they're fully integrated into the alarm system and they do things like mandatory recording when an alarm goes off and other really cool features.  

Let's face it, most people use camera systems for home security.  It would only make sense to partner with the big players like Alarm.com to integrate.  ADT, Brinks, Comcast...etc have their place in the market for those who don't want to mess with their system.  But I would think that most everyone who buys the Arlo doesn't like signing up to the big alarm companies for a three year contract and still have sub standard camera systems.  Anyway, I'll shut up now.  Just hoping you make this happen in the very NEAR future.

Tony

-Dave-
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hear! Hear! I'd definitely like this capability for use with my Arlo, Frontpoint/Alarm.com, Skybell and other systems!

JimNY
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two homes using the Nexia Z wave hub. It would be great to intergrate my arlo2 pro systems into that app.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation