Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

The other day while getting up for work I had noticed that my driveway camera (Arlo Pro 2) that is about 10 feet away from my basestation and plugged in for CVR was disconnected. I unplugged it, took it indoors and it reconnectly quickly after. I took it back outside and plugged it in and almost immediately it disconnected again. The IR bulbs started blinking. I checked my other camera (that is on battery and thus not CVR) and that was working just fine. 
A few hours later the camera reconnected on it's own. I dismissed it as a glitch.

Later that night, it disconnected again. Just to reconnect in the morning. So it was time related.

I disabled all IoT paired devices and IFTTT connections.
Same problem. Same thing happened. Disconnect at night, reconnect in the morning.

Then it occured to me, NIGHTVISION.
I disabled it... problem solved. It stays connected. 
Just to confirm it this morning at about 4 or 5am I activated the nightvision. Guess what happened? Disconnected immediately.

Tonight I'm going to disable the cvr to test and try to determine if it's an issue with CVR or the Nightvision mode. It seems to be one or the other though. I just purchased these camera a couple of months ago so it wouldn't make sense that this would be happening now and for it to be at dawn and dusk each day.

So if I disable the CVR and activate the nightvision and if it stays connected then it's CVR.

Anyone else experience a strange disconnect at night?

2 REPLIES 2
Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

I cancelled my CVR plan to test if it was an issue with CVR or the nightvision. I'm happy to say that I have a result.

First, I enabled my nightvision mode and instead of waiting for night to test the nightvision mode I took a small 3.8 gallon trashcan from my office and while watching the camera live from my cellphone I placed the garbage can over the camera. The livestreaming stopped. I exited the app, signed back in (while holding the trashcan over the camera) and it said that it was disconnected. I removed the trashcan and the connection almost immediately resumed. The issue seems to be the nightvision on this camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Binary100100,

I've not seen widespread reports of this and it definitely isn't expected behavior.

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation