Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 cam offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Marquise23
Star
Star
So, this morning my Arlo Pro 2 camera goes offline. Before it went offline, I had 92% battery left. The cam is way within the recommended radius of the base station. I know for a fact that it has a great signal because my Arlo Pro was on the same exact mount and had zero connection issues.

So, an hour later, I remove the cam and take out the battery then reinstall it. Re-connect to the base and see it does connect, but with the battery at 72%! WTF?! I will fully charge it and see if it will go offline again. Anyone experiencing this issue with the new Pro 2s?? I'm starting to lose faith in the reliability now...
4 REPLIES 4
MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

There are several posts expressing this same problem, I believe everyone who owns an Arlo Pro 2 has this same issue. Ive returned the 2 pack twice already and had the same issue every time as my original Arlo Pro had no problems at all...... If you weren't aware, there are SEVERAL other bugs to go along with this "offline" bug. Take a look around the forum and you'll start to see all the down falls the Arlo Pro 2 has. Some you might not have realized were even there....

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Marquise23 wrote:
So, this morning my Arlo Pro 2 camera goes offline. Before it went offline, I had 92% battery left. The cam is way within the recommended radius of the base station. I know for a fact that it has a great signal because my Arlo Pro was on the same exact mount and had zero connection issues.

So, an hour later, I remove the cam and take out the battery then reinstall it. Re-connect to the base and see it does connect, but with the battery at 72%! WTF?! I will fully charge it and see if it will go offline again. Anyone experiencing this issue with the new Pro 2s?? I'm starting to lose faith in the reliability now...

You may want to post this in the main thread on this bug here so its all in one place. It is a bug that many people are returning their Pro 2 for. As said above, virtually every Pro 2 has this issue it is only matter of time you get a "Camera Offline". Maybe its a "feature" not a bug 😄

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice

Had the same thing happen to me. Camera went from 100 to 8% and died without any warning.

I'm working with Arlo PR directly, so they're already aware of my issue, and now I'll bring this thread to their attention.

Marquise23
Star
Star

I never had a resolution with customer support when I had problems with the previous Arlo Pro. It was mostly back and forth emails with them for a good 2 weeks with no fix. Fortunately, I was able to return the system for a new one at Bestbuy and it worked flawlessly. Just hope they resolve these issues in a timely manner...my patience is wearing thin... 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation