Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 lag and delay

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BeatMkr13
Guide
Guide

I have 4 pro 2 cameras. 2 of them are connect to power and recording crv (or cvr), whatever it is. I have really fast internet (150 MBs download and upload). Many features fail on my cameras. The microphone works occasionally and when it does, I get huge amounts of lag and delay. When I scrub thru the cvr on my 2 cameras that are constantly recording, I get major delay and audio goes out of sync if it does work. Not sure why I have these issues when my internet is so fast. I’m on WiFi at work with my phone and have 75mbs download and 50 mbs upload so I don’t see where the lag issues are coming from. I’m starting to get really frustrated with these cameras. Only half the feature of why I bought these cameras actually work.

15 REPLIES 15
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeatMkr13

Are you having any issues with the 2 cameras that do not have CVR? What does the signal strength icon show for the cameras having issues, it could be a range or interference issue between the cameras and the base station.

JamesC

BeatMkr13
Guide
Guide
Hey James,

I occasionally have that problem but those 2 cameras that aren’t on power/cvr, don’t have a lot of traffic so they’re not recording often. Both of the cvr cameras have full bars of signal strength, 1 of them is in the same room as the base station (5 feet away from it). The second camera is in the room next to it, also has full bars in signal strength.
BeatMkr13
Guide
Guide
I’m increasingly becoming more disappointed with these cameras the longer I have them and try to use them. The timeline feature rarely works, even when I’m home on my fast network. I try to scroll thru the day and it continuously lags and then jumps back to the live feed. What’s the point if I can’t scroll back in time for that day!!!! Not to mention that I have all of my cameras set to 90% motion sensitivity and they still only record 10-14 second video clips as I walk around in the room and am clearly moving around. Not a happy camper. You guys need to do something about all of the flaws of your system. They do NOTHING that you advertise for, well enough to consider it an ability of the product. Continuous recording, can’t be played back. Motion recording, doesn’t record full motion, only 10!second clips even if you have your settings set to record on motion up to 300 secs. About the only thing it does well is notify me of motion.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeatMkr13,

When using the record until activity stops feature, keep in mind motion must remain within the cameras range to continue recording. If the movement is no longer detectable (outside the cameras field of view or range) the recording will end and a new recording will start when motion is again detectable. The placement of your camera may also be a factor in this behavior: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

BeatMkr13
Guide
Guide
James,

I was literally walking in a 3 foot circle 10 feet away from the camera testing it. Was clearly right in front of the camera. This camera system is becoming completely unreliable to me. It lives up to none of the standards or claims it makes.

So what are your answers to my previously stated issues when it comes to its lag issues? I’ve gotten no answers or ideas on how to correct the cameras’ poor performance.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BeatMkr13,

If you've ruled out interference/range/positioning as being a possible cause, you may need to further investigate the issue with the Arlo Support Team. I encourage you to contact Arlo Support and investigate this issue further.

JamesC

BeatMkr13
Guide
Guide
James,

Your link takes me to a bunch of links and forums . How do I speak with someone directly.? This is a huge waste of time searching thru these forums.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just tried that link and it works as desired with links to both live chat as well as phone numbers for various countries.

robdrums
Initiate
Initiate

The audio delay is getting annoying. I also may have to try a different brand to see if its the unit. It is an important feature I would like to fully take advantage of. Arlo, please fix and send us the update! Failure to fix may result to losing customers.

XViper
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a four-pack of Arlo Pro 2 cameras to replace my Nest Outdoor cam. I am not a fan of the expensive subscription required by Nest. However, after using these cameras for a day and seeing the lag - then reading that Netgear apparently does nothing to correct it, I may just bite the bullet and pay for the subscription for more Nest cameras. Returning my Arlos within the week.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

XViper,

Are you using the mobile app or the web client? Do you experience the same behavior on both?

JamesC

robdrums
Initiate
Initiate

That is a good question. I can test that and reply later if it is better, but I do believe customers want to use their phones when the function is needed. The only time I need to check video or send audio is when I am not home and don't have laptop or desktop available.

Robert.

XViper
Tutor
Tutor

The lag is there on both mobile and web. Interestingly, on mobile, there is a "Camera Positioning" menu item. It says this function limits the delay. Why impose a delay for normal use when it indeed can be limited in the software???

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

XViper,

It sounds like you're referring to camera sensitivity (this can be adjusted within the rules for each camera). Changing the camera sensitivity using the "Motion Detection Test" feature will not permanently change a cameras sensitivity. To do this, take a look here: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

XViper
Tutor
Tutor
No. Camera Positioning is a separate menu item in the Android app. This has nothing to do with sensitivity.
Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 18 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation