Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 outdoor power cables

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
wesblow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought Arlo Pro 2 yesterday. I see outdoor cable was recalled. When will a new version be available and are there any other options for an outdoor cable?

19 REPLIES 19
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No time frame giving from Netgear.

Not really

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
wesblow
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Is there a power cord for indoor use available.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many cables will work but there my be issues with the size of the microUSB end since the plastic cover may be too large for the camera's hole. You can trim the plastic.

For the charger, a quality 5v charger will run the camera but not charge the battery. Use of a quality charger that supports the Qualcomm QuickCharge capability of 5v and 9v will charge the battery. These would be typical of recent Samsung phones.

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
You can buy outdoor power candles on Amazon but the charger must stay indoors. I have been using them all winter long and never had a problem
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
I mean cable not candles
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Johnny290wrote:
I mean cable not candles

Need the candles too......to warm up camera in extreme cold temperatures!

😂

paulrobinsontkd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Which cables did you order as looking for some myself to mount my Arlo Pro 2 cameras outside.

Been looking on amazon and a few of the reviews say that most cables don't fit when using the outdoor mount.

Other that user reviews say that just don't work (LANMU)

Also do third party cables impact the warranty?

Any help would be appreciated

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Pangda 20 ft Weatherproof Cable
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

paulrobinsontkd,

Arlo does not recommend using third-party accessories. For alternative powering solutions, take a look at the accessories listed here: Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

paulrobinsontkd
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

I have looked at the accessories and not able to find an outdoor cable which is what my query was about.

I believe Arlo did have this available but was recalled due to leaking.

Any idea when this will be released, I dont want to go down the route of having to buy solar panels for my outdoor cameras.

This is a bit of a show stopper for me, I don't mind waiting a month or two if the cable is going to re-released if not I'll have to return my camera order and look for an alterative solution as I have not yet installed them.

Thanks

Paul

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Save your money this third product works great I've been using it for almost a year buy it from Amazon Arlo genuine accessories are too expensive
paulrobinsontkd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Virtuoso

Which third party product.

My main concern is warranty if I use it.

JamesC's answer is not clear cut on that issue of warranty just that they don't recommend

Paul

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
No warranty with third-party products
paulrobinsontkd
Aspirant
Aspirant

So does anyone have any idea when netgear will relaunch the official cable.

We talking weeks, months, years any dates from Netgear??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The official outdoor charging cable is available here: Outdoor Power Adapter for Pro, Pro 2 and Go (VMA4900)

Click buy now for retail location options.

JamesC

paulrobinsontkd
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

Thanks, no idea why its not listed under arlo pro 2 accessories on the main site but can find it under buy now in the drop down list.

Shame its only 8.2ft, will Netgear be releasing a longer cable in future?

Have ordered one and hoping it will reach

Thanks

Paul

gtagirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC - How long is the Arlo Pro 2 outdoor power cable? I need one that is at least 12 feet long.  If I'm going to need a power extension for this extension cord. What do you suggest if it's too short?

@JamesC wrote:

paulrobinsontkd,

Arlo does not recommend using third-party accessories. For alternative powering solutions, take a look at the accessories listed here: Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe the outdoor power charger cord is ~8 feet long. Use of an extension cord from the outlet or moving the camera would be needed for 12 feet.

aatrev
Aspirant
Aspirant

The samsung charges. We have the S5 and the S9. Both of these wiont plug into camera charger port. Just saying.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation