Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 power supplies

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
gclancy
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have an Arlo Pro 2 with 2 cameras and base station purchased in the US.

I am returning back to Ireland now and so need to get the power supplies for the base station and battery charging replaced / swaped so that they fit UK plug type etc. I dont want to just use power adaptors

Is it possible to do this or buy replacements?

Thanks

Gar

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

As the base station is an indoor thing, you just need a power supply with the right volts and amps (more amps is fine) and with a tip with the right size and (+/-) polarity.

In my case I commandeered a power adapter from an old Netgear modem. But I have also used one of those generic transformers that delivers whatever volts you "dial in".

Some Netgear adapters are dual voltage but they don't say so. The good thing about the USB adapter with the Arlo Pro 2 is that for once Netgear has explicitly labelled the thing as dual voltage (120-240v). If you look at your battery charger you may see this.

Then all you need is an adaptor that can accept the US prongs. I recently had to do that for something else Netgear. That was a three-pin thing and I had to make several attempts to find one that worked, and had to use a bit of brute force to get the two things to play ball.

The issue of using Arlo stuff with different voltages has come up here several time in recent months, so a careful search of this forum might find more advice.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

At that price I will stick with my generic USB chargers.

I hate to think what Netgear/Arlo would want for something like that.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation