Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 which kit should I buy?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Phelec
Follower
Follower

Arlo pro 2. Have a large house and need 8 cameras. Range might be an issue so was thinking of 2 base stations. Am i better buying 2 x 4 zone kits or buying 1 x 4 way kit and buying seperate base and 4 extra cameras??

2 REPLIES 2
brh
Master
Master

I think the answer is whether or not you want to run a long ethernet cable to the other part of the house or not. I am assuming your house has not been wired for internet service in every room. In my case I purchased a wifi extender and two base units. One base station plugs into my router and the other plugs into the range extender. The base stations must be plugged in using an ethernet cable and power.

If you do as I did, get the 2x4 kits. 

Bear in mind others may have other solutions.

Brian

steve_t
Master Master
Master

If range might be an issue, 2 base stations are definitely the better option.

You can either have both stations on one account and pay to upgrade your account subscription. This allows you more than 5 cameras and more than 7 days of cloud storage.

Or you could put each station on a separate account and Grant Access from one account to the other. The secondary account can be set to "allow access rights" and so you have 90% of the control over the system as you would being the primary account holder. You can change modes of the second base, you can delete and share recordings. You'd just need to log in as the primary account for each to set up their custom recording modes and/or schedules etc.

Bear in mind that each base station needs internet access via an ethernet cable

Also, cameras on different bases whether on one account or two different accounts can't cross trigger whereas two cameras on one base station can be set up to trigger each other

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation