Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change brightness on recorded video

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jayman806
Follower
Follower

I had adjusted the brightness on my camera the night before to the maximum brightness, however never turned it back down. I captured a video that I would like to have, however the most of it is bleached out. It starts off in regular color, then transitions into way to bright.

Is it possible to dim the existing video down so that i can see everything it captured?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob only using a third party video editing software... nothing will fix a video once saved ( from Netgear )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. You'd need to download the video and open it in a video editor to see if it'll work. Even something like iMovie or Windows Movie Maker that are free might work. You might have an app on your phone that can do it too. It really depends on how much information is there to begin with. Good luck

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I agree with the above posts, the biggest issue is the compression used for the videos. If you've ever edited digital photos saved in JPEG format you'll quickly realize that there's data missing due to the lossy compression. If you had a camera that saves a raw image (straight from the sensor with no compression or manipulation) you can usually pull out more detail. Once the data is lost due to lossy compression you can never get it back.

Based on my limited experiments with these videos, it's better to leave the brightness at a daytime level and use software to brighten nighttime videos.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation