Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How loud is the Arlo Pro 2 speaker?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
PeterJThomson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some people had issues with the speaker volume not being loud enough on previous models when talking through the two-way audio feature. How loud is the Arlo Pro 2 speaker during two-way audio?

8 REPLIES 8
MrBigshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not loud at all.  You must be in a very quite environment to hear it.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's definitely louder, however. I think it's one notable improvement.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
The sound is considerably lower then the Arlo Pro 1 probably needs a firmware update. I'm not sure about the two way communication
PeterJThomson
Aspirant
Aspirant

That seems very odd. One person saying the Arlo Pro 2 is louder than the Arlo Pro 1 and one person saying it's quieter.

My interest is in using the speaker on the camera for the two-way communication feature so it needs to be loud enough to talk to someone at the front door or shout at a potential intruder. 

So, I'm wondering if anyone else has a view on whether the Arlo Pro 2 louder than the Arlo Pro 1?

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
My Pro 2 is definitely lower other people have complained about this too
Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice
The original poster was asking about the SPEAKER on the Pro 2. The speaker output on the camera itself is indeed louder than the Pro 1. Now, the MICROPHONE is indeed lower than the Pro 1.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
What I am talking about is this sound I receive on my smartphone from the camera itself. The Pro 2 has much lower sound coming to my smartphone then the pro ones have.
MrBigshot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Listening to the person at the front door would not be a problem.  The mic is pretty good.  Speaking to them through the camera is where it seems pretty quiet.  

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation