Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How/where do I go to delete old recordings?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sam_A_2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

How/where do I go to delete old recordings?  Can I delete everything from one day or everything from one camera?  I hope there is an easier way to delete other than one at a time.  

4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

To delete a whole day's worth of recordings,

• in the browser interface
  • bring up the library for a camera (icon between "clock" and "gear wheel")
  • Go to the day you want
  • Select
  • Select All
  • Delete

But why bother? There is no need for this.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Especially when you suddenly realize you need one of those recordings and can't get it back.

Sam_A_2112
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the information.  Much appreciated.  However, I don't think I understand your response regarding "there is no need to do this".   I thought someone said that once you've used up the free storage, Arlo stops recording.   I want to make sure it captures future activities.  Besides, I have recordings of moths, wasps, spiders, humming birds triggering recordings (they are so curious)..... oh and my dogs.

Thanks again for the info.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Sam_A_2112 wrote:

I thought someone said that once you've used up the free storage, Arlo stops recording.  

No. It keeps recordings depending on your subscription. If you pay nothing they self destruct after a week.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation