Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide

I recently installed 3 new Arlo Pro 2 cameras and I am new to this. Does anyone know how to adjust the motion detection perimeter within the viewing ranges? I don't want my front yard camera to detect the moving cars on the street. I only want it to detect when the cars and people entered the front yard perimeter. Thanks.

1517671813281.jpg

38 REPLIES 38
brh
Master
Master

@LotVideoSecurit

Yes, you do not need the box, but as @jguerdat said you can paint the box to camoflauge it better plus make it a little bit more diffivult to steal or be knocked off by someone with a long pole.

Brian

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide
Thanks! I thought that I have to have a box to protect it from the wind, rain and sun. I will mount it on the tree without a box and point it at the house windows, entryway and drive way, which should eliminate it from detecting the cars on the street...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the box is deep enough or has enough room to position the camera so the box is in view but shields the sensor from seeing the street activity, that may be useful.

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide

After positioning the camera further inward toward the house window and downward toward the driveway, the night vision barely picks up the driveway at night and it recorded every time the wind blows the pygmy palm trees during daytime. I cannot wait to mount it on the tree to see how it will turn out...

Frontyard.JPG

brh
Master
Master

@LotVideoSecurit

Just out of curiosity, have you tried turning the Night Vision off to see if the picture improves?

Another thing I have done with the cameras facing my front and back doors, is to install Motion Detected porch lights. I turned off the night vision because of that and when motion is detected by the lights and the camera the video will look like they were taken in the daytime.

Brian

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide
I'll try to turn off night vision. I do have 3 lights on in my frontyard at night...
LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide

I mounted it on the tree earlier. It is pointed at the house and away from the street now. The video seems to be nicer too...

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide
What is the best way to configure it so that it wouldn't detect the moving bushes within the motion ranges?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally, either positioning and/or sensitivity settings in your modes would be required. A number of us use lower sensitivity during the day and higher at night.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I have one of mine in a position where there's a tree underneath. I fairly regularly have to cut branches off this otherwise it grows into the frame and the wind moving the branches sets off the camera

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide

"A number of us use lower sensitivity during the day and higher at night." This is a good idea, but I don't see the sensitivity settings for day and night. Mine has only one sensitivity setting option, and I set it to 70%...

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide

I trimmed all the tree branches from the front of the camera and I trimmed most branches from pygmy palm trees too. Unfortunately, it still picks up motions from the pygmy palm leaves and it's roughly 25ft away from the camera...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@LotVideoSecurit wrote:

"A number of us use lower sensitivity during the day and higher at night." This is a good idea, but I don't see the sensitivity settings for day and night. Mine has only one sensitivity setting option, and I set it to 70%...

You create custom modes that have proper settings for the time of day. Once set up, place them in the schedule to automatically switch. There are FAQs here to guide you through creating custom modes and scheduling.

LotVideoSecurit
Guide
Guide

Got it, thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation