Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion sensitivity and set-up question

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Bostonfan49
Tutor
Tutor

Hi! Specs say Motion Control for recording is 23’  If someone walks buy L to R or R to L and they are say 28’ away, will the camera pick up the activity? 

Also, I don’t have a PC or OS Desktop but do have iPhone and iPad running latest OS. Will I still be able to set up cameras and have access to settings. Thanks, Bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On the Pro2 model you tagged, the answer is maybe.

Max distance is about 25 ft from the camera, there are conditions where it can be more,  but also at times less... the best detection is across the field of view.

There is and app for the iOS and Android system at the app stores... iOS 11.x has had a few hiccups on the newest phones as there are a few new changes in the OS, but I think it should be fine... ( I have no issues on an older OS and ipad )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On the Pro2 model you tagged, the answer is maybe.

Max distance is about 25 ft from the camera, there are conditions where it can be more,  but also at times less... the best detection is across the field of view.

There is and app for the iOS and Android system at the app stores... iOS 11.x has had a few hiccups on the newest phones as there are a few new changes in the OS, but I think it should be fine... ( I have no issues on an older OS and ipad )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation