Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Option to record for certain amount of seconds after motion is no longer detected

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dandaman012
Follower
Follower
Hi, less of a question but more a suggestion for software team. Is there any plan to implement the option for the time the cameras record after motion is no longer detected? Currently you only have the option for it to record until it stops detecting motion, which often cuts short if the object that was moving stops for a second or so, or the option to record for a set amount of seconds which again can miss movements if the movement goes longer than say 20 or 30 seconds if you have it set to that.
I believe it would be a great feature to have an option for it record once motion is detected but continue filming for a user-selected amount of time after motion is no longer detected. This would resolve the issue of the camera often starting a new recording of one event.
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The cams will record for either 'untill motion stops" or a fixed time up to 2 mins...

I find the set fixed time to work better and eliminate the problems with the first option ( until motion stops )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I believe this has been suggested in the Idea Exchange section. I would really love it as a feature too

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation