Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Power outage scrambled base statio.n

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
backfire_tx
Guide
Guide

OK we had a brief power outage that snapped on and off in the home. Power snapped off, then on and few seconds later snapped off then on. So 2 cycles worth. Cameras were offline. I resynced cameras as they were mounted. All LED ligt indications on basestation and when sync was performed indicated operational system...all green on basestation, when sync blue pulsing indicating sync sucessful. But no camera. AND online at arlo website the basestation appears offline. Even though router can see the basestation just fine.

I had to delete basestation and readd it as you would do a new install. Then resync cameras.  System then worked. Folks your basestation software has "issues". You SHOULD NOT  have to re-install the basestation and go through girations from a simple power flicker. FIX IT.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I've had a similar issue but all I did was power off the base station and power it on again. No need to delete any devices. No need to resync anything. It all worked just fine. The base station is quite slow in powering on and then connecting to the cameras and internet though. A UPS on the base is always a good idea, especially if you have USB backup. This will keep the system working to a certain extent if you have a power cut, internet loss or both

backfire_tx
Guide
Guide

No i did that kabookie for about 2 hours. Thinking some combination would work.  Zipola

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, I wonder if it was due to the Arlo server problem the other day as opposed to you losing your internet briefly. Some users were affected and they lost their entire system and libraries etc. The only fix was to delete all devices and re-add the base and resync the cameras. It may have been a coincidence with the internet drop

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation