Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Several of my daily videos are showing ridiculous time lengths (i.e. 2 hours) for a 30 second clip. Also, the playback just stops in the middle. Is anyone else having the same problem?

The time coding on the files is critical and Arlo needs to fix this problem.

109 REPLIES 109
Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC - the fix did nothing.

See attached image.  My 2 min clip that was JUST recorded now showing the same ongoing issue we've had for 7 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced a fix?

James - I find it amazing that after 7 weeks and an attempt at a fix there was no apology post or any explanation as to why your customers had to wait 7 weeks for the first failed attempt at a fix, as clearly the issue is not resolved as you can see from my screenshot.

fortysixand2
Tutor
Tutor
As ridiculously long as it took for this to get fixed, it has fixed it for me so far. I would try restarting your base station. So far today I’ve had 8 motion triggered videos on 3 different AC powered Pro 2 cameras and they’ve recorded exactly as they should.

Just yesterday I was still getting 5-6 hour videos.
Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay - so even though it said no customer intervention was needed I restarted everything. I've noticed that of all the clips recorded since around 2am most are actually 2 mins long which is correct. However, it appears that some clips are the usual hours long. I've been travelling with work all week but do have a return label from Amazon to send this junk back. It would be nice if it was actually fixed so I didn't have to go buy a new product and set everything up again.  Lets see what happens!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mack1359,

Which cameras are still showing long clips? Arlo Q, Pro2? Is there any consistency there?

JamesC

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since I am the original poster of this issue, it is my pleasure to report that this problem HAS FINALLY BEEN FIXED. My testiing so far from all the videos today indicates no corrupted recordings. I still want to reserve final judgment until after the weekend, so that I can know for sure that everything's OK, but at least preliminarily it appears to have been fixed.

Many thanks to SE at Netgear, who has been working with me and has been terrific in getting the right folks working on this as a priority. If anyone is still seeing issues, please get back to me and I will report back to my contact.

rondahl
Tutor
Tutor

Preliminary testing for me shows that the problem has, indeed, been fixed. All of my camera's on AC power are now operating as they should. Will reserve final judgement, however, for at least a couple of days to insure that the problem does not re-occur.

Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor
WTF STILL NOT FIXED. latest recording of 30 seconds is showing 9hrs!!!!!
Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor
This issue is still not fixed
Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

This problem is NOT fixed.  I have just checked my latest recording.

See attached screenshot.

The Arlo Q.

I want an official reply from Arlo TODAY explaining why after 7 weeks you roll out a "fix" that does not work.

I thought this morning I was alone in seeing it still not working but as you can see from a clip taken 5 minutes ago - you guys have not fixed it.

Lets see how long it takes for someone from Arlo/Netgear to recognize this is not fixed as shown in the pic and issue an apology.

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I have 174 videos from today, and where in the past nearly every other video was corrupted, all 174 videos from today are good.

Let's all compare Firmware Revs. Mine is: 1.125.5.0_17202.

Can other here please post their firmware revs? It wou;d be helpful if there was also a firmware date, but no such luck.

Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor
Here is my 30 second video showing 9 hrs
arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wonder if the problem is only fixed for the Pro 2 and not the Q. I only have Pro 2 cameras. Anyone who has Pro 2's and is still having a problem, please report back to me so I can get back to Netgear. From everything I can seem the problem IS FIXED for the Pro 2 cameras.

Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor
I have the pro 2 cameras. The AC connected ones are still messed up.
Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor

I am running that same firmware. 1.125.5.0_17202

Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor

just finished with chat tech support and they have escalated it yet again. this is SO RIDICULOUS

Mack1359
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another 7 weeks I'm sure and they'll patch again.

Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor

tech support just advised me "As of right now we still have no fix for this issue and cannot give a time frame of when it will be fixed". 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I have experienced several long and wrong recording times on a powered Arlo Pro 2 everyday in my recorded 30 days of history (and more),  but none today.  My number of recordings was around 70 today versus 40-60 normally.  So it is looking good from my perspective.  I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Twg2984
Tutor
Tutor
Found out I’m a Best Buy elite member that gives me 45 days to return. I’m within range so the system will be returned tomorrow. Good luck to everyone
tealtiger21
Aspirant
Aspirant

@arlo-user123 wrote:

Since I am the original poster of this issue, it is my pleasure to report that this problem HAS FINALLY BEEN FIXED. My testiing so far from all the videos today indicates no corrupted recordings. I still want to reserve final judgment until after the weekend, so that I can know for sure that everything's OK, but at least preliminarily it appears to have been fixed.

Many thanks to SE at Netgear, who has been working with me and has been terrific in getting the right folks working on this as a priority. If anyone is still seeing issues, please get back to me and I will report back to my contact.

I can confirm that my cameras have the same firmware version, and my issue seems to be fixed. I've had several hours of recordings in the past 24 hours, and all the times on them have been correct, with no freezes like before, while still plugged into an outlet.

I'll keep monitoring my recordings for any changes.

Now if they can just fix the other issue I have (camera microphone is too quiet, but speaker is okay), it'd make me extremely happy.

Wirelezz
Apprentice
Apprentice
In regards to this ongoing fiasco with multi hour long recordings, it looks like I picked the wrong time for my family and me to take an extended vacation trip, having left yesterday and won't be back until the end of next week. Of course I removed AC power from my Pro-2 cams before we left because I didn't want corrupted recordings to interfere with monitoring our property while we were gone, so I'm missing out on what appears to be some very long overdue good news. Missed the fix by one day... ces't la vie! At any rate I hope all this good news is in fact a reality, but I won't know myself until I get home and can power my Pro-2's on AC again. Something to look forward to. Are the zones working again as their supposed to?
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary
I'm going to hold my conclusion my Pro 2's because they haven't gotten much action since the notice at the fix.

however, I definitely agree that the Arlo Q's are not fixed. Maybe they've even developed new problems. Just this morning when trying to play a video from a Arlo Q,, the playback stalled just like it does before it would shows some ridiculous video length. Then the time clock starts to advance and looked normal. the video starts to play, but there is no sound., which for my cameras are a new problem. For my Arlo Q's before, this the sound and the video were completely unsynchronized when the time clock was completely messed up, but there was sound.

the other problem that I am starting to wonder about my Arlo Q's is if the video pictures are frozen too because I get notifications at the night that there was motion, but when I looked at the video I saw absolutely nothing moving but the video counter kept advancing. And this happened for several of my Arlo Qs. .

Sigh.....

James: update on the Arlo Q please!

WhiskyDevil
Aspirant
Aspirant

The fix has worked for me for the Arlo Pro 2 cameras on AC power when they detect motion and record automatically. HOWEVER, if i record manually i get the original problem of incorrect and long time length where the video freezes after several seconds. As i never recorded manually before the fix i cannot confirm if the problem previoulsy existed or was introduced as a result of the fix. And while not a showstopper for me, I would still like the manual record option to work as intended. 

arlo-user123
Apprentice
Apprentice

You are correct. I am seeing the same issue and have reported this to the priority team in Encino.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last week that should resolve this issue. If you continue to experience this with new recordings, please send me a private message so I can work with you to further investigate.

Thank you,

JamesC