Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Suitable mount for Arlo Pro 2 with AC cord

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jimmaaaay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a mount available, that will screw on to the pro 2 (not magnetic) and not interfere with the AC plug that enters the camera. Every one I've tried has a tightening wheel that won't work due to the extremely close proximity of the rubberized AC plug. Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMA4000 ( black or white just screws in without a lock wheel )VMA4000B_Front_Transparent

The 1000 model as mention above is taller, it was changed in that the older ones had a larger lock wheel, the new models the wheel is half the size ( due to your problem )

BTW, you can always use a small 1/4-20 nut on the mount ( smaller than lock wheel )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The VMA4000 ( black or white just screws in without a lock wheel )VMA4000B_Front_Transparent

The 1000 model as mention above is taller, it was changed in that the older ones had a larger lock wheel, the new models the wheel is half the size ( due to your problem )

BTW, you can always use a small 1/4-20 nut on the mount ( smaller than lock wheel )

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Captureold.JPG

1000 mount old style lock wheel

Capturenew.JPG

1000 mount new style lock wheel

Eric182
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here's another picture. And also works on the cameras right side up. Not just upside down. This is how I have mine.
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

This mount combines a ball mount with a pedastal and swivel. It also includes a cord and headless screw that screws into the threaded socket to slow down a thief. The headless screw doesn't interfere with the magnetic mount. I got these on Amazon.ca, likely should be available in the Amazon for your country.

Swivel ball mount.JPG

Jimmaaaay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much! That would suffice. 

Jimmaaaay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, Eric 182! You and TomMac solved my issue. I appreciate your photo very much!

Jimmaaaay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, TomMac! You and Eric 182 solved my issue. I appreciate your detailed answers! Jimmaaaay

Jimmaaaay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, TomMac!!! Problem solved!!!

Jimmaaaay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much, Eric 182  Jimmaaaay

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation