Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Two questions: Forum how to quote, Library how to select multiple videos to delete

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

Two unrelated but general questions, should be easy to answer

1. I notice some people quote previous posts in their reply, how do you quote several messages back? I can see the Quote button to quote just the previous message. Having the quote gives context to my response.

2. In Library, how to select multiple videos for deletion? I can click the first video then I've tried Shift-click and Control-Click, but still can only select videos one by one.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a Quote button just above the reply text box.

For the app, long press on on video then choose more. In a browser, use the Select button top right.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

1. At the top right of the reply box is a Quote button. This inserts the quote for the comment you're replying to

2. Are you in the browser or the app?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

In the android app, just tap to the right of the video preview on the time/length/trigger information. This will put a green box around the video window with a check/tick mark at the top right. Then you know that is selected and you can select multiple videos. Also, once you've selected one video, there are icons up the top of the screen for select all and select none. This only applies to the videos being displayed of course so dependent on the day and the filter

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

steve_t wrote:

1. At the top right of the reply box is a Quote button. This inserts the quote for the comment you're replying to

2. Are you in the browser or the app?

Thanks Steve, so for quoting, it's a 2 step process, click Reply to the post (any post in a discussion) then in when the Reply dialog box comes up click on Quote and the text from the post being replied to appears. That's useful, so if there are 10 posts in a discussion and I want to reply to the 6th one, I click reply on the 6th then click Quote to quote the 6th reply. 

I suggest to Netgear that having a quote button on each post along side Reply would be more intuitive.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

jguerdat wrote:

For the app, long press on on video then choose more. In a browser, use the Select button top right.

Still can only select videos for deletion one by one, was looking for ability to click/select first in a series of videos then some key combination click to select the last video in the series and all the ones in between. Is standard procedure in Windows (not sure about Mac), to select the beginning and ending items in a series and all the items inbetween get selected too. Have tried CTRL-Left Click and Shift-Left Click to select, can only select one video at a time. What am I missing?

I'm on a PC using Chrome browser. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

VancouverBC wrote:

I suggest to Netgear that having a quote button on each post along side Reply would be more intuitive.

Unfortunately, Netgear, like too many companies, buys in forum software from Lithium. The result is a bit of a mess that gives Netgear limited control over the look and feel of the result.

Many forums use free, open source, platforms. My guess is that the commercial outfits think that this makes them look like cheapskates.

The open source stuff has also been hacked in the past, so you wouldn't want some Russian crook stealing your details and passing them on the the White House.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

VancouverBC wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

Still can only select videos for deletion one by one, was looking for ability to click/select first in a series of videos then some key combination click to select the last video in the series and all the ones in between. Is standard procedure in Windows (not sure about Mac), to select the beginning and ending items in a series and all the items inbetween get selected too. Have tried CTRL-Left Click and Shift-Left Click to select, can only select one video at a time. What am I missing?

Nothing. Yer right, you have to select videos one by one. I thought you were asking how to get to that point, not how to fully utilize the capability.

VancouverBC
Luminary
Luminary

michaelkenward wrote:

Unfortunately, Netgear, like too many companies, buys in forum software from Lithium. The result is a bit of a mess that gives Netgear limited control over the look and feel of the result.

Ah, OK. Now that I know how quoting works, it's easy, it just wasn't obvisou at first. Otherwise the Netgear forum works well and aesthetically looks good.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation