Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BretD
Arlo Employee Retired

Arlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and SweepstakesArlo Pro 2 1080p Wire-Free Security - Q&A and Sweepstakes

Submit your Arlo Pro 2 Question to enter to win an Arlo Pro 2 kit! – Please include “Arlo Pro 2” in your Subject and ask us in the form of a question.

Due to volume new questions have been disabled, please reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes for the Arlo Pro 2.

*Update 10/25 - Entries for this are now closed. Stay tuned for our winner announcement.

*Update 11/21 - Congratulations to @Jammynick - Their name was chosen at random from all valid entries. Enjoy your Arlo Pro 2!

We know you have questions! It’s your chance to ask us anything about our newest Arlo - 1080p Arlo Pro 2 Security Camera!

Visit the Arlo Pro 2 details page to learn all about the Arlo Pro 2.

See the Arlo Pro 2 Questions already submitted. - We have disabled new topics. Reply to this thread to enter the sweepstakes.

-Good Luck - We look forward to answering your questions about Arlo Pro 2 1080p Security Camera!

Questions and entries end 10/24/2017

Official Sweepstakes Rules.

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
266 REPLIES 266
Penny147
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have a few questions...

Does having the solar panel unlock the special features, speically the activity zone?

Do you need to have the Arlo Pro 2 plugged into to a power source to use the 3 second look back?

Is there an improvment on the range of night vision and also the quality of external speaker?

Does having some of these new features suck up more battery?

Thanks

Angelov
Tutor
Tutor

I have a question about the Activity Zones. This has been a feature that I've been desiring for a long time and which other competitors offer. However, those other competitors require wired connections which I cannot do. Hence, Arlo is a great alternative.

Now, with the addition of Activity Zones to Alro Pro 2, the camera is ever-more appealing. However, I noticed this from the description of the camera:

Activity Zones

Highlight areas in your camera’s view where you want to receive motion and sound alerts. Available when plugged in and used indoors.

How does the camera know that it's indoors and also why would the zones only work indoors since that's a feature that is mostly needed outside ?

Blorph
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the base backward compatible with original cameras?

MMakoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

is there gonna be a 3 pack for sale?

sagethyme
Guide
Guide

This new camera sound exciting. How close does something have to be to activate the motion sensor for th 24/7 recording. 

Please enter me in "Re: Win an Arlo Pro 2 Kit – Ask Us Anything About Arlo Pro 2!"

Sindeah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has the geofencing improved with the Arlo Pro 2?
Run4Fun
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the Manufacturers warranty duration?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Penny147 wrote:

Does having the solar panel unlock the special features, speically the activity zone?

Do you need to have the Arlo Pro 2 plugged into to a power source to use the 3 second look back?

Is there an improvment on the range of night vision and also the quality of external speaker?

Does having some of these new features suck up more battery?

1) No.

2) Yes.

3) Essentially the same.

4) Yes, hence the need to be AC powered.

DaveFM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the Arlo Pro 2 a replacement for the Arlo Pro?  Or is this just another product in the product lineup?

Would we expect new firmware updates for the Arlo Pro in the foreseeable future or will development stop?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Angelov wrote:

Activity Zones

Highlight areas in your camera’s view where you want to receive motion and sound alerts. Available when plugged in and used indoors.

How does the camera know that it's indoors and also why would the zones only work indoors since that's a feature that is mostly needed outside ?

The camera has no idea. It simply has to be plugged in. I've been saying that use of the outdoor power supply would be needed but it appears that Arlo isn't supporting such usage for some reason. You could use the camera indoors looking out since being plugged in allows the use of pixel-based detection which works through glass.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Blorph wrote:

Is the base backward compatible with original cameras?

All wireless cameras work with all bases.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

sagethyme wrote:

This new camera sound exciting. How close does something have to be to activate the motion sensor for th 24/7 recording.

The 24/7 recording is the CVR feature.  It's not motion-detection, it's streaming.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sindeah wrote:
Has the geofencing improved with the Arlo Pro 2?

GF is a software feature, not hardware.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Run4Fun wrote:

What is the Manufacturers warranty duration?

As before, it's one year.

Bigsky406
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks for the chance to win.

Looking to see more samples of day and night videos. Also how is the impact on bandwith at the higher resolution?

Kudo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will the new Arlo Pro 2 camera work with Gen 1 base?

LLZEL
Guide
Guide

I have the original Arlo hub and 2 Arlo original and 2 Arlo pro cameras. I would like to replace my originals with the new pro 2. Will the original hub work with the pro 2?

guestmc
Initiate
Initiate

I'm assuming the Pro 2 wil have a higher power draw.  Any estimate in relation to the Pro.  Does it draw 15% more for similar activity recordings?

Also, any plans to develop a range extender.  Or maybe 5GHz capability.

Lastly, an upgrade kit from Pro to Pro 2 at a reduced price point would make my 5 camera system happy.

Thanks

vsanch24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently setup an Arlo starter kit, (Arlo base station and two Arlo wire free cameras)  Enjoyed the system and wanted two - way audio so was planning on buying a few Arlo Pros to add on. Glad to see the second generation was released before my purchase. I hope I can win an Arlo Pro 2

Is the Arlo Pro 2 compatible with the Arlo Pro by NETGEAR Charging Station – Arlo Pro & Arlo Go Compatible (VMA4400C)?

tmpFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

How lucky would I be to win this to monitor the teenage hoodlums that hang out in the street in front of my home?

ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice
nytech
Tutor
Tutor

Entered! Will I win?

zulli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was looking to buy the arlo pro system for my new home which I recently purchased, when I saw you release the arlo pro 2.  One of the things I noticed is the new alert system. 

1.  What makes the new alert system different from the older arlo pro and how can that help for eample  if I want to add a camera to a tree house to watch my kids?  Will it be more specific in motion detection then the arlo pro?

ditchdoc
Apprentice
Apprentice
stop bothering me
Adam22686
Aspirant
Aspirant
Will the arlo pro 2 constant recording option to the cloud be allowed to be combined with constant local recording? I'd like to connect a 3TB hard drive to the base station to have it stored locally, and overwrite as space is needed starting with the oldest footage. Thanks!