Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

cannnot get Arlo Pro 2 to work on my network

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dustelli
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything but i can not get the base station to communicated with the Cameras.  I have Centurylink service with my own DM200 modem and Nighthawk R8000 router.  The base station show up on my app and is listed in my attached devices on my router.  When i go through the synching of the cameras it flashes blue slow then fast and the green camera light stays lit on the base, but the camera's don't show on the app.  I tried Arlo support apparantly in India for 2 hours and aftehrough everything that is listed in the manual i had they finally told my i had to call my isp to open ports 123, 80, and 443. I did that in the port forwarding on my router for the base IP address.  I had geek squad come over and they couldn't figure it out.  Told me my base was probably defective and to return it.  It did that and the new one had the same issue.  I took it over to my in laws house who also have Centurylink and it fired up and worked great.  I brought it back and set it up again. the cameras are still there but with the last images i saw at their house and each says getting status but never changes.  I don't know what to do anymore.  Certainly not paying netgear over $100 for there gearhead service, which i know will go nowhere.  this has to be a setting in the nighthawk router that is blocking the comm between the camera and base right?  I can't be the first person to have this issue.  they are all netgear products. thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no $100 "gearhead" service here. It sounds like you didn't actually contact Netgear support which you do by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

Since the system works at another location, I would start by turning off your modem, router and base. Restart them in that order, letting each initialize before moving on to the next device. If that doesn't work, it may be fastest to reset your router and set it up again but no guarantee that will help.  Do you customize your router's security settings at all? If so, try turning those features off. The dfault settings on virtually any router should work but changes can be an issue.

dustelli
Aspirant
Aspirant

i didn't customize anything on the router that i know of.  I tried resetting everything in that order. didn't work.  I may have to start over on router set up.  The pay service I was referring to is what you need to get support on a netgear router if you have had it for more than 90 days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No need to pay after 90 days. Regardless of what is written and/or how we interpret it, there's no 90 day limitation on support, just your 1 year warranty. Others have used support after their warranty has run out.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation