Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
pstoric83
Guide
Guide

Looking into the pro 2 for my front door. It would be under the overhang so it woudn't get wet but I've seen it has many issue with the power cable from Netgear which seems a bit crazy. I see on amazon I can get longer 3rd party cable but wanted to post here to see what owners recommend that have the pro 2 (wired) outdoors. Anything else I should be worried about?

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As you prob know, the outdoor weatherproof ac supply has been recalled by Netgear. A new one has not been anounced yet.

As to using the indoor adapter in an outdoor situation... it isn't weather proof nor does it have the built in o-rings on the usb plug to prevent water intrusion. Netgear will not support any warranty claims if it is use ( nor prob 3rd party accessories ) as such.

But some have done it and have sealed up the cameras with silcon... just be aware of above before going outside the box.

I find the battery to run a few months so have not needed the ac supply outdoors

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Been using this for months no problems Amazon Pangda
4.2 out of 5 stars 29 Reviews
Pangda 20 ft Weatherproof Cable for Arlo Pro, Arlo Pro 2, Aluminium Alloy Micro USB Cable, 1 Pack (White) the chager is indoors the cameras are outdoors
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation