Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Noseup
Follower
Follower

Hardware: VMB4000r3 

Firmware: 1.8.2.4_10232

Ser.No: 4R026B74A683B

Camera info:

Hardware H7

Firmware: 1.090.0.1_11011

Ser.No: 4VR16B73B6501

I have two cameras. Both had fully charged batteries. Camera 2 shows good battery life, almost full, and operates normally. Camera 1 however, goes off-line and will not reconnect. Approximately twelve hours later, the app displays that it is time to 'change your batteries' and shows battery level at 1%.

Both cameras look at the same amount of traffic but from different angles, so one is not more active than the other. Why is Camera 1 disconnecting and then, within 24 hours, telling me that the battery is only at 1%? I have changed the battery with a spare and it does not appear to be a faulty battery. What situations would cause this Camera to a) go offline and b) for the app to say it only has 1% battery? The connection also states that the camera is linked to the base station.

2 REPLIES 2
JustinG
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just posted about an offline camera. Mine goes offline at night and stays offline with the infrared night vision LEDs stuck on and causes battery drain. If I don't notice it's offline before going to sleep and restarting it the lights stay on all night and when reconnected in the morning it states 1% battery life. I have a four pro camera system and only one is disconnecting. I have swapped cameras around and moved locations but I'm still having this issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If swapping batteries and locations around don't help, it would seem to be faulty cameras.  Open a case with support or swap the system at the store.