Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alarm trigger option missing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AUSRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi guys,
I tried to find the siren checkbox in alarm mode edit as per instructions (screenshot provided as image)... after updating the app a day ago.. I cant find the checkbox to edit the alarm anymore. So now it cant be triggered.

Has anyone got the same problem?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks heaps
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When editing your modes, use the Add Device button at the bottom of each rule to add addditional actions, such as turning the siren on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

2.5.0 android app........... siren setting in my rules is gone. I don't use the siren so didn't notice, but now that you mention it, I haven't seen that setting in a long time, forgot all about it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When editing your modes, use the Add Device button at the bottom of each rule to add addditional actions, such as turning the siren on.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Yup there it is. Guessing they changed that a few versions back and since I don't use siren, never noticed. They should probably update their KB article, would have saved the OP some time.

AUSRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Your right!!

Interesting how we need to go about it now.. But it's there so is cool.

Thanks for your reply and solution to my problem.

😁

AUSRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes.. an update to their article would be great. Had me wondering for a while how to do it.

The alarm is sensitive and alot of time needs to set the right sensitivity so the siren doesnt go off when bugs go across the camera.. that can be annoying to wake up to. So I dont use much either..

Still is a great feature and now I know what's up with the mode editing.

Thanks for your reply.