Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aimeadorer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased a 4 pack of the cameras.

They are all (except 1) set at "IF motion is sensed RECORD for 15 seconds " in mode.

Camera 1 wont stop recording, even though I've told it to only record audio, its killing its battery severly quick and records every few minutes

Camera 2 seems OK as it recorded when someone walked by

Camera 3 and 4 havent given me any footage. These are the ones I really care about. I can live view any of them without issue and i recieve notifications for them.

Help. I dont want to return them.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For Camera 1, you could try reducing the audio detection level.  SOme folks have said reducing it to the 2 level has worked for them.  Test to verify that's a sufficient level for you.  ALso, make sure the audio isn't being triggered by, for instance, wind blowing across the mic.  Other background noises could also be an issue.  If needed, try resetting the camera by reinserting the battery.  You can also remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync to see if that helps.

Cameras 3 and 4 may have an issue with positioning and/or location.  Have you tested it yourself to see if you can trigger detection?  Have you tried increasing sensitivity in your modes/rules?  Are the cameras aimed at just the actual area of interest or a large view?  If the latter, rotate to get the former.  Detection for people maxes out at about 20-25 feet if the motion is across the FOV.  Motion directly at the camera is apt to be much less.  You could also try swapping them with camera 2 to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

Aimeadorer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cameras worked first night and then stopped midway through yesterday. I just reset 1 so we'll see. 2-3 are in direct locations. 4 did just record audio when i went outside though.

3 has an animal near it and the animal doesnt set it off anymore even thougj it did the first night
Aimeadorer
Aspirant
Aspirant
3s battery is dying surprisingly faster (already 49% in two days) compared to the others that are still above 90%, despite not recording any motion that its sensing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd try resetting Camera 3 by reinserting the battery and monitor the battery.  If still the same, try swapping batteries between cameras to see if the issue follows the battery.  It could also be a WiFi connection between the base and camera causing this, whether due to distance, walls, ductwork, etc. or other wireless interference.  That would cause the camera to have to work harder to maintain a connection.  Swapping cameras around would help identify if it's the camera or the location.

allenstipp
Aspirant
Aspirant

i cant get my three cameras working?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Details.