Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 6 Camera Pack - 6th Camera Doesn't Work

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cgrosen324
Aspirant
Aspirant
Purchased the Pro 6 camera pack from Best Buy. I was told all 6 cameras would work since this was a "special" pack. We can't sync more than 5 cameras at once. We tried to sync the 6th camera several times and it finally worked, but kicked a previously synced camera off. I've read several posts here and most people say you can't use all 6 unless you upgrade to a paid plan or set up a second account. One person stated they were able to sync all 6 with no issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cgrosen324
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Steve and James. I finally found the time to re register my base and re sync all 6 cameras....works perfectly now! Very pleased with Arlo CS and the Arlo community. Thanks guys!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Contact Support. Supposedly, these 6 camera packs do work without paying an additional subscription by way of the serial number of the base station allowing it. If someone has managed to switch out your base station for another, obviously the problem you're having would crop up. Get them to check the base is part of the 6 camera pack serials. Otherwise, go back to Best Buy and get them to switch all of the cameras and the base for another 6 camera pack

cgrosen324
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Steve. I contacted CS and was provided with a list of things to try. They did confirm that 6 cameras should work with the package I purchased.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Cool. Hope you get  up and running without too many issues

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cgrosen324,

Please let us know the results.

One thing to keep in mind (this may have been suggested already by customer support) is the permission for the 6th camera is enabled upon account registration. When setting up, you must create a fresh account (that has never had a different Arlo kit installed on it) to unlock the special permission allowing the 6th camera to be viewed without a subscription.

JamesC

cgrosen324
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you Steve and James. I finally found the time to re register my base and re sync all 6 cameras....works perfectly now! Very pleased with Arlo CS and the Arlo community. Thanks guys!
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Awesome!! You're lucky because the vast majority of us top out at 5 cameras before we have to upgrade our subscriptions. I 'only' have 6 cameras and needed to upgrade so figure I might as well get some more add on cameras as I find places for them to go