Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Base Station VMB4000 Dreaded Orange Light

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
puke
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few days ago my Arlo Pro base station went offline and now has a solid orange power light. Using the reset button makes the three lights go green momentarily, then it's back to the single solid orange power light.

Turning it off for a minute or an hour doesn't seem to help. How can I troubleshoot this?

(Also, can the mods please ad VMB4000 to the Model field for a post)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's referring to the Internet LED, not power.  If the power LED is ever amber after 2 minutes or so from rebooting, there's a hardware issue with either the base or the power supply.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu, when the system is functional and goes offline with an amber power light... it;s a hardware issue

I would try a full reset and if NG after with same issue , contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

page 8 of the manual shows a solid amber light means it's rebooting or it's not finding an internet connection but it is finding the router

Reboot your router and then make sure the base station is recognized and is not blocking the internet connection.

If not, try another cable.  If your base station is less than 20' from your router move it and try again. If that doesn't work, I would contact support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's referring to the Internet LED, not power.  If the power LED is ever amber after 2 minutes or so from rebooting, there's a hardware issue with either the base or the power supply.

puke
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi everyone. Problem was indeed the power supply. Apparently there are some dodgy ones. I purchased an equivalent generic model (for powering an external HDD) and it works fine now. Thanks for the help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

By the same token, there's a warranty that you can, and should, avail yourself of.