Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Depletion!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo Pro Battery Depletion!!!

So I installed the Arlo Pro cams yesterday night.  I am testing them in my living room. Obviously everyone walks around all day/night. I got about 100 items in my “library”. Have also done many live views? Everytime I checked the cam I do a live view almost. But the battery life is down to 90% (from 100% out of the box). Is this normal????

The cam will be transferred outdoors soon. I am a bit worried about rapid battery depletion.

2 REPLIES 2
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
This is probably normal.

I would suggest setting schedules via modes or turning off specific cameras when you are home. this will reduce battery drain. Typical battery life is 3-4 months with les. than 5 minutes usage each day.

The more use each camera has, the more battery drain. .
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Recording AND Live View, use the same amount of power from the battery ,100-140ma ( the most ; except at night when the IRs come on which adds another 100ma draw )

ARMED mode uses just enough to power the trigger circuit until motion is detected and then it as above.

DISARMED uses almost null power

These are "motion - detect - then - record " type of cameras.

The whole system of battery life is based on Arming the cameras to detect, but not necessarily view them except after an alert. ( and then your mostly looking at the stored library which doesn't use battery power )

Most people tend to use the cameras alot in the first month or so till they get use to how they function and then battery life goes up a bit.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------