Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gfeazell
Aspirant
Aspirant
My batteries were lasting for several months and now all of the sudden. They don't last a week. This started right after the update where it can now detect people, etc. Has anyone found a workaround. Honestly the system is useless to me since this is on a second home and I'm not there to charge the batteries every week. And before you ask I bought one new battery and it is doing the same thing. Seems odd how it's all 5 cameras all of the sudden.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gfeazell,

What is the signal strength like for the cameras? How much activity are they seeing? Poor signal strength and high activity could cause increased battery drain.

JamesC

bhussey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have noticed the same problem. I'm getting about 1 month since the facial recognition update.

Gfeazell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Traffic is limited and exactly the same as the prior year with no issues. Signal strength is full to half. Of the five cameras 3 hit zero at the same time and the other two were at 32 percent. Again seems odd considering they were all charged at the same time and all burned through the batteries at about the same rate.
bhussey
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 5 camera's of varying distance (1-2 bars) that I haven't changed anything since the last firmware update.