Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera Modes/ Schedules Questions

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tkwtampabay
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am trying to schedule two different devices to monitor at the same time frames  and also one to run 24 x27. I have created a mode for each camera . Next, added each mode to schedule to run at the same time. So, if I have 3 cameras with 3 modes, The first is Front Door which I want to run 7x24 and the second is the Back Door and Garage which I want to run from 12:00AM  to 09:00 am and also from 18:00 to 23:59  When I go to the schedule page in the Arlo APP, I see only the last camera and not the others.

What i would like to know is that:

1) Is this the right way to setup different devices to run at the same time,

2) How can I see in the schedule all the active modes that are set at the same time,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And that's what the two modes do.  Note that each mode has the front door in it so it will record 24/7.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You would make a mode for each set of recording. You only need 2 modes by the sounds of things

Mode 1 = 'Morning and Evening' or whatever you want to name it
Rules: Front door camera records when front door detects motion. Back door records when back door detects motion. Garage records when garage detects motion.
This is scheduled for 0000-0900 and then again from 1800-2359

Mode 2 = 'Daytime' or whatever you want to call it
Rule: Front door records when front door detects motion
This is scheduled for 0900-1800

Tkwtampabay
Aspirant
Aspirant

The front Door is 7X24

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And that's what the two modes do.  Note that each mode has the front door in it so it will record 24/7.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Part of the problem seems to be the number of modes you created...

You may not need a mode for each camera separate, but more for how you need to group them at times.

If you have cams A, B, C

your default would be ARMED (all on ), DISARMED (all off )

Then possible modes for use are;

A

B

C

A,B

A,C

B,C

As shown you may not need them all , but used more as a grouping  for use like inside/outside/on 24/7 , etc

Also in the schedule, remember any time slot not used is OFF

You cannot go thru midnight , so a time slot of 10 pm to 2 am must be split to 10pm to 1159pm and 12 midnight to 2 am next day

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tkwtampabay
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I now understand what you were saying but was hoping that i could get the schedule to switch automatcally vs switching the schedule manually...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The schedule does the automatic switching for you once set up. By putting the proper mode in the proper time slot it will switch according to your needs. Just use modes which have your front camera in so it will always be on.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yeah, it will switch automatically. When you go to the Mode tab in your browser, it'll show the green dot next to Schedule on the right half of the screen but on the left side next to the name of your base station, it will show the name of the recording mode eg 'Morning & Evening' if you were to have followed my first reply exactly and it's within the time slots wanted