Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera falls from magnetic mount

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Zephon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased the Arlo Pro (the one with two cameras) yesterday and installed one of them with the magnet mount to monitor my font door.
As i have to travel for 3 weeks I wanted the security while I'm not home.

As i am sitting at the airport I get a motion detected alert and i discover that my camera fell down from the magnetic mount that it came with. It's indoors so theres no wind and i made sure The camera was securely and correctly mounted. The magnet didnt seem to hold the camera.

Now for 3 weeks I have a view of the carpet instead of my front door.
I paid $549 CAD and even got the 1 month subscription. I will be out of the country for 3 weeks so i cannot even exchange/replace the item any more when I return.

I am quiet disappointed that i paid so much money so i could have the security i wanted and now I not only is my front door unmonitored, i have a product that isnt working as advertised.

I really like everything else about the system but if i cannot use the mount the wireless system defeates its purpose for me.

Since i will not be able to return or exchange the camera when im back what can I do to fix this one issue i have with the camera.
If there's a updated, fixed magnetic mount what can I do to get that instead.

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zephon
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: Arlo Pro mount was NOT the issue. Everything works as advertised and the issue was on my part.

As soon as I got home I noticed the issue. The double tape was still on the wall but the tape didnt seem thold the camera mount, so it's on me for over reacting 😛

I used the tape on another thing and it held that just fine but it seems like the surface didn't play well with the camera mount. 

So all is good and I can say I'm super happy with the purchase. In fact Im going to buy additinal cameras now to have more coverage of my house. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
They was much discussion about the magnetic mounts when the system first came out. Not sure if it was resolved. I have only used the permanent mounts. Do a search on the forums. to see suggestions and outcomes.

How do you know the camera came loose from the mount, and not the mount itself detaching?

Anyways, sorry to hear this happened.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have had the actual mount come off the wall with a camera on ( double stick tape on the early versions )

Did you use tape of screw ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Zephon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I apologize for not replying earlier. Dont have internet access where I am currently.

I will admit I used a very strong double stock tape and not have it screwed. It's a very strong tape that im using on many things in my apartment that are heavier, so it leads me to believe it's not the tape issue ( but i admit its just an assumption)

I will be very happy to find out if its just the fault of the double tape because that would mean my product is 100% ok and that's all I want.

As soon as i return home ill take a picture of whatever the situation really is and post it here. All i want is that if its a issue with the camera magnetic mount I have a solution on how i can resolve the issue.
Tha_B_Man
Guide
Guide
Willing to lay money it's the tape. I currently have one camera outside on garage via magnet mount. It's been through several thunderstorms with no issue. The magnet is strong.
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The double sided tape is only as strong as the bond between the paint on your wall and the wall itself. 

Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've used the magnetic mounts for a while, no issues.

GearNetRouter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is this for outside? If for outside if you live in the 'hood or have thugs roaming your suburb then they would be gone IMO. 

Zephon
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: Arlo Pro mount was NOT the issue. Everything works as advertised and the issue was on my part.

As soon as I got home I noticed the issue. The double tape was still on the wall but the tape didnt seem thold the camera mount, so it's on me for over reacting 😛

I used the tape on another thing and it held that just fine but it seems like the surface didn't play well with the camera mount. 

So all is good and I can say I'm super happy with the purchase. In fact Im going to buy additinal cameras now to have more coverage of my house.