Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
foxcyfinds
Tutor
Tutor
Like many other users today...

my Arlo pro system has been offline all day. I have rebooted router, unplugged arlo base station, and even reset everything numerous times

the base station connects and all lights are green. when I check status from app or even arlo arlo website I keep getting system disconnected messages.

I would very much like to get this thing working.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87
wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

"Your Arlo device appears offline - Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the Internet."

THE INSULT to CONSTANTLY BLAME the Power Source or Internet,,,,,, STOP WE ARE NOT STUPID. It is again ANOTHER FLAW / DEFECT with ARLO & Netgear.

AS I Check the Power & Internet & EVERYTHING ELSE on Power & Internet are working, ARLO will slowly one camera at a time start working.

ARLO / Netgear NEEDS TO POST on their site when there are issues, it is NOT FAIR that people RELY ON SECURITY with these devices.

Can someone RECOMMEND Security Cameras that ACTUALLY WORK without THIS MANY ISSUES. I see nothing but PAGES & POSTS of COMPLAINTS.

Now my 3rd Camera is RECORDING IN RED, another chronic issue.

Kjk304
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having these exact same issues and units have only been up for 4 days!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'll take them.  I'll even pay for shipping.

A reasonable first step is to reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras. Make sure firmware is up to date by comparing your versions to that listed in the Release Notes section here.

And you can always open a case with support.

GiJim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today, all cameras went down (I have 5) I have reset the base station, reset my router and as a test removed one camera and added it back.  I get a message on all cameras:  Your arlo device appears offline.  Any help is appreciated.

ellisw01
Aspirant
Aspirant

This device is telling me that there is something wrong with the connection and power cable. I have checked, and rechecked all connections. It was reliable, but now that I have invested $500.00 after about a year it stops working properly. I can't control the cameras, the computer indicates that they are offline but they are still recording, one of them are recording upside down and I can't control that either. I thought this was a good purchase until now.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

lets start with the simple one - the one thats upside down.   If you go into that cam's settings is the invert image switch turned on?

heru
Initiate
Initiate

mine was up for only 3 days , and now will not reconnect with base station

manfredz
Hero
Hero

heru have you tried rebooting you base station and try putting new batteries in one offline cam to see if batteries died.?

hdpanhead
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 6 cameras connected to base a base station and it has been working for 6 months. As of this morning all 6 cameras show offline in the Arlo App however, they still record to my library and I can view the videos in the library just fine. The base station is connected with all green lights. I have tried to push the power button to turn it off and back on and no luck. I have disconnected the power to both the base station and the router and still no luck.. I have also restarted my phone that has the Arlo app installed....no luck..

I have a second base station on the exact same network that has 2 more cameras and I have no issues in the app for my second base station..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a browser on a computer, too - same issue?  If not, sometimes force closing the app and/or logging out and back in fixes it.

hdpanhead
Aspirant
Aspirant
Logging out then logging back did didn’t fix it. It also reproduces in another family memebers phone. If I log in from a laptop computer it reproduces as well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support.

Kjk304
Tutor
Tutor

So feeling nervous about this purchase after reading all through this community forum.  I did get mine working again after following some tips I found on here.  I did try turning base off and on twice with nothing resolving itself.  But when I unplugged it from the power cord and then replugged it back in they finally came back online.  Just makes me wonder though how I'm supposed to do that if I'm away on vacation and depending on these cameras to monitor my home while I'm away!

Then as for the red tone on one camera I did what one poster suggested and lightly tapped it upside down in my palm.  Fixed the problem, so I'm going to assume this is a filter that goes up for night recording and isn't going back down in the day time.  Ugh.  I guess I'll see if it reoccurs tomorrow after it records during the night. If it's true you have to pay to return the camera and then wait for a replacement one I'm not going to be happy with that process at all!

Yep, definitely rethinking my purchase now!  Again...these have only been up for FOUR days!

wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's on then off then on and off again, standing in front of my unit and while it states my unit is off line I keep getting g alert as I trip the camera...

They like to blame the power or internet. It'd neither , it them and poor quality.
wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Full batteries, rebooted, standi g in front of unit, using power and the internet to send this message.

It is arlo and netgear. Enough of the dog and pony show arlo needs to, fix their product before focusing on new product, arlo is NOT CHEAP....
wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice
Constant problems

I don't need your b's troubleshooting, I need your company to fix your connect issues
Kinlaw
Initiate
Initiate
On Anroid app and online when I go to devices:
"Your Arlo device appears offline
Please make sure it is powered on and connected to the Internet."

Can't change mode or view live, yet it alerts motion and records video, and I can watch from 'Library'. This just started today. I have rebooted Arlo base and my router. I have all 3 green lights.

HELP!
LisaRHQM
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same problem. We just had an internet outage and I have rebooted everything too. Still says that it's not online, but I have 3 green lights. Following for answers.

dannyh11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here! All lights green, have restarted serveral times, but apps and website show base station is offline. Perhaps it's a problem at Netgear's end.

stucam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the exact same offline error.  Was working fine yesterday.  Tried the support number on the website but no longer in service.........

edhammersley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wallacenails91
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo base station is all green. The cameras are all working and sending recorded videos to the Arlo servers. I can access the videos and play them back. I get alerts that there is motion when there is motion. However the app says the system is offline and the camera can't be used "live". I can't change the mode at all. My wife is having the same problem. We both have iPhone 6plus. Was working fine for months. Did someone hack me and is controlling the cameras?
xtexman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here. I'm still getting alerts and video is recording, but I cant access the live views or make adjustments to the settings. 

Immunoldoc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem all day today.  Working fine then "offline" yet I can access my air quality monitor just fine.  Get home, all light green, but no alerts no recordings, nothing.  I tired all the rests, power downs, etc-still the same thing.  Looking back through threads this is a common, recurring problem going back two years for which there don't seem to be any answers coming from netgear.  People are turning it all off, disconnecting, resetting, etc. but this seems to keep happening.  This is very frustrating.