Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fleainacup
Follower
Follower

Ok. So sifting through all the previous articles it's become clear you have to use the charging base provided by Netgear on the Pro in order for it to function.

It's been stated in other articles that it's due to a dual 5volt and 9volt output that lets the magic fairy dust charge all the way up.  I am not an electrician and can neither confirm nor deny that.

I just want to know if there's a replacement out there I can buy without having to get a whole set and extra battery (which apparently they cant keep in stock).

Surely in 2017 there's some option floating around on Amazon, or did Netgear mistake themselves to be as good as Apple and engineer themselves into proprietary bliss with this thing?

Any help or links to an alternate power source would be greatly appreciated.

As you might tell, this is not my first issue with them.  I've paid way too much money to turn back now.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You can use a quality charger that support the Qualcomm Quick Charge capability which is both 5v and 9v of at least 1.5 amps each (more would be ok, too). Amazon has a bunch for under $15. 5v will run the camera but you need the 9v part to charge the battery.