Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Phlier
Star
Star

I have had an Arlo Pro Charging Station on order from Amazon since November 4th. It still hasn't shipped. Just to avoid confusion I'm talking about the CHARGING STATION

not the spare battery. Looking around, I can't find the charging station on the Arlo Accessories page here on the Arlo site any more, or from any other retailer (Best Buy, etc).

Did Netgear cancel this product before it even shipped? Has anyone received one? Are they still intending on releasing this product? Any info at all?

The ability to keep a spare battery charged was an important buying decision for me. Without the charging station, the only way to charge a battery is through the camera...a very poor solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Charging station is showing in stock on Amazon and other users have indicated availability through other retailers as well.

See here: Arlo Pro Charging Station – Designed for Arlo Pro Wire-Free Cameras (VMA4400C)

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Phlier,

This product should be available late December or early January. I do not have a specific release date at this time. If I get new information, I will post it here.

JamesC

jaburges
Guide
Guide

Bump - Now February and everywhere sold out, not available, or not taking orders? Best buy cant order in as arent available from their warehouse.

It REALLY sucks climbing up and down a ladder twice to change the battery.

Can you confirm when this will be ready to purchase?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic requesting more information on this products release date. I will post an update once I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Pro Charging station availability update: The target release date for the Arlo Pro Charging Station is March of this year.

JamesC

armsil1234
Apprentice
Apprentice
James, you have mentioned different dates on different posts before. I'm sure you realize that most people can see that. This isn't several day or weeks we are talking about, but rather months. The "target date" expectation isn't very promising at this point. You must know something more about this.

Otherwise, the arlo system is a good product though.
jaburges
Guide
Guide

Here we are - March and no charging station.

Can you either provide me an accurate date or help me with a refund of my 4 camera system (getting up and down a ladder twice and having to leave the ladder out whilst the unit charges is not awesome).

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's only the second day of march, give it a couple weeks to see if they follow through.

Dogdollar
Tutor
Tutor

Forgive me for asking, but I'm having a little trouble understanding how a company that designed a totally wireless,HD, night vision, motion-sensor and 120db siren-enabled camera that will fit in the palm of your hand, having such a hard time delivering a battery charger?

Regards,

DD

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic and requested an update on this products availability. I will post back with more information soon.

JamesC

jaburges
Guide
Guide

what's the verdict folks? Amazon says 1 to 2 months (other retailers all indicate out of stock)

jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

My Amazon order shows out for delivery today. Oddly enough it's the batteries that are now on shortage as well and vendors are profiteering on them. It appears that Netgear has some mfg issues to resolve.

jaburges
Guide
Guide
Can you confirm if it arrives? Amazon, Best Buy etc all show out of stock, and yeah you're right - there are '5 left' of the Battery, so if they do end up stocking the charging station seems folks won't have anything to charge 😕
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have a brand new battery never used. $50 if you're interested. Private message me.

deputidave
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to buy the battery charger for three months now supposedly it was going to be available in March, well it is almost April and no stores have it in stock.  What the hell is the matter with Netgear.  You sell this expensive system and don't provide any type of support except for this stupid blog that we can bit*h on.  Get you S**T together. I really wish I could return this system.  The ONLY reason I bought it was because it was wireless.  I should've have gotten wired 1080P cameras.

GRV
Tutor
Tutor
Solution to your problem.
Buy Arlo pro add on camera for $189.
Accessories included :
Rechargeable battery $50.
Mounting $20
Cable & adaptor $....
Now use this spare camera as charging station .
jaburges
Guide
Guide
Not really a solution to buy another camera and use it to just charge batteries, but I admire and appreciate the idea.

The solution is for Netvear to actually deliver on their deadlines.
deputidave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ha ha, jaburges and GRV Well I agree with jaburges, I already have the two extra batteries, and I charge them on my only indoor camera, for the outdoor ones, (five cameras total) BUT the camera does not seem to charge all of them to 100% for some reason.  I don't know if it is the camera itself or the batteries, so if I ever get the charger Ill be able to make that determination and return the batteries while they are still under warranty.  Still it is the fact that NETGEAR is screwing the pooch on this, and needs to get their house in order.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here at NETGEAR, we pride ourselves on delivering quality products that meet our high standards and requirements for performance and safety. Additional time was spent testing to ensure this product meets consumer expectations.

We sincerely apologize that this has taken longer than expected and are doing all that we can to expedite the shipping process to our retail channels. As soon as we can confirm availability, I will post an update.

JamesC

jaburges
Guide
Guide

Thanks James, appreciate the effort.

Could you also tell your support team (answering emails) to stop blaming the retailers.

It's pretty unprofessional to state they 'cant look in to Best Buy orders' and they 'dont have access to their systems' claiming the charging stations have been released to retailers. However no retailers have them in stock (all back order, pre-order or out of stock). Passing the buck is a pretty poor tactic.

I (and i think many others) would like a firm release date that someone can stand behind and restore a little faith 😉

many thanks

jaburges
Guide
Guide

OK this is surely quite embarassing now no? still nothing on Amazon (kind of got fed up checking elsewhere)

Shortly about to tick over in to May and still not even directional release timing.

The email support i have received has actually been worse, blaming other things/systems/retailers, and not resolving the issue - with the final instruction to take it back to Best Buy (which i shouldnt have to do, as none of this is my or Best Buys problem)

Are Netgear satisfied with the level of response here?

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I have a friend who is a netgear dealer (dealer eval) and he told me the distributor will be getting more stock on 5/1.  However, he also told me that there are currently 300 units backordered.  I have no idea how much volume the distributor is getting, just putting this out there from what I know. I'm in no way a netgear employee nor do I know what the distribution timelines "officially" are.  I will mention, however, that I managed to locate one at a nebraska furntiure mart (of all places) and bought it immediately.

addertay
Apprentice
Apprentice
Kohl's have them on stock online.. or they did. Placed an order this afternoon and wasn't expecting them to actually have them but just got the shipped email. Hope that helps some of you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Pro Charging station is showing in stock on Amazon and other users have indicated availability through other retailers as well.

See here: Arlo Pro Charging Station – Designed for Arlo Pro Wire-Free Cameras (VMA4400C)

JamesC