Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DougTheBug
Tutor
Tutor

I am setting up 2 cameras, one for the Back Yard and one for the Front Yard.  I want the Back Yard camera to be armed from 1:00AM until 6:00AM and the Front Yard camera to be armed from 1:00AM until 12:59PM.  The times overlap and I can't get the schedule set up that way (won't let them overlap).  What am I doing wrond?

Related question: How can I schedule my Back Yard Mode to run from 11:00PMj until 6:00AM the following morning?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can only run one mode at a time. These are the three modes you'll need

Back Only - where there is only one rule for the back yard camera to record on motion
Both Cameras - two rules
Front Only - one rule

Then in the schedule, you will run Back Only from 11pm til Midnight. Then Midnight until 1am the next day. The days are split as such. This will run continuously if you have 11pm til Midnight on a Monday and Midnight til 1am on a Tuesday for example.
Schedule Both Cameras from 1am-6am.
Schedule Front Only from 7am until 12:59pm (but you might as well make it 1pm for ease)

Hope that makes sense. It's a very logical way for the system to run but it's not a very intuitive way for users.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you're schedule spans over 2 days then you need to split the schedule. One up until 11.59 the first day and the second starting at 12 the second day.

DougTheBug
Tutor
Tutor

That is a great suggestion and takes care of the second part of my question.  Thanks for that.  But can anyone help me with scheduling 2 modes which overlapping hours?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can only run one mode at a time. These are the three modes you'll need

Back Only - where there is only one rule for the back yard camera to record on motion
Both Cameras - two rules
Front Only - one rule

Then in the schedule, you will run Back Only from 11pm til Midnight. Then Midnight until 1am the next day. The days are split as such. This will run continuously if you have 11pm til Midnight on a Monday and Midnight til 1am on a Tuesday for example.
Schedule Both Cameras from 1am-6am.
Schedule Front Only from 7am until 12:59pm (but you might as well make it 1pm for ease)

Hope that makes sense. It's a very logical way for the system to run but it's not a very intuitive way for users.

DougTheBug
Tutor
Tutor

That will do it!  Thanks so much for your help with my issues.