Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
karambit
Guide
Guide

Recently after the last update, the images in my Preview Library are extremely underexposed.
So dark that scanning over them you really can't see what is going on.

The actual videos, however, are recorded fine with IR and are rpoperly exposed.

Is there any way to increase the light balance of the preview display images.
At this point, they are useless, and you need to watch each video to see it in correct exposure.

Increasing the exposure in view mode helps, but then over saturates the actual video.

It makes previewing the library night shots pointless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last night that resolves this issue. No user interaction is required to see this fix. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue moving forward.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Read this thread........ the issue has been escalated to the arlo engineers.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-NV-IR-slow-to-respond-after-database-crash/td-p/1...

karambit
Guide
Guide

Thank you,
Yeas, this is the exact same problem.
Hope that Arlo takes care of it, else their will be a lot of unhappy people.
It renders night previews useless, as well as many of the actual videos.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I agree. Being an engineer myself, I have faith that they will address the issue sooner rather than later. Seems like an important one to me.

karambit
Guide
Guide

Well, it seems to be getting worse.
This is  beyond unuseable.

I know its being worked on in another thread, but does anyone know who I send this to to further resolving the issue.

At this point, I would say it is a refundable issue, even if past refund time, as it is a result of Netgear's actions, no?

karambit
Guide
Guide

Pic in post:

dark1.jpg

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

A moderator in this forum said he escalated it to the engineers, so I'm not sure where else you can report it other than calling netgear support and opening a case.

I can't see the pic you posted, not sure why, but what do you mean it's getting worse? It should just be a dark thumbnail especially when in night vision mode. It will look a lot worse at night. But it shouldn't affect the actual video in any way. The thumbnail is being captured before the camera finishes its "fade in" effect, which is why it's dark, but once the fade in completes, about frame 80, the video should look normal.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same old (and new) problems, starting right after a change, things get messed up once again. Got to wonder whether anyone is catching these problems by Arlo engineers, any testing performed anywhere? Why do these things come up after engineering modifications were implemented? Does anything get tested anymore?

iseeyou2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Paul_FCCLwrote:

Does anything get tested anymore?

Perhaps this has something to do with it?

"Arlo to Split from Netgear"
Click

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Arlo splitting from netgear and creating it's own company is probably a good thing. Netgear has many products and when you can just foucus on one product instead of multiple products it usually turns out well. It could be that these recent problems are due to Arlo transitioning to it's own or different data centers and infrastructure. Time will tell how it turns out.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was released late last night that resolves this issue. No user interaction is required to see this fix. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue moving forward.

JamesC