Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Timeout Streaming

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

I have an Arlo Pro plugged into an outlet to stream constantly to my desktop.

It periodically will timeout. The time ranges from as early as about 1 minute, up to 5-10 mins.

Any idea how to keep it streaming while plugged in?

3 REPLIES 3
jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor

Mine times out 30 minutes on the dot. I leave it plugged in 24/7 so I would LOVE the ability to have it stream as long as I need to while plugged in. I can't see any reason why this isn't an option. Unfortunately, from reading around on here, the way Arlo support/customer service functions (like garbage), I doubt we'll see any changes in the near future.

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Unless things have changed it does not have unlimited streaming capabilities. 1/2 hr max. Not sure why its timing out after a minute unless the new firmware will fix it. The pro 2 offers unlimited i believe. I know it offers continuous recording if plugged in and with a paid subscription
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wklovelace3 wrote:
 The pro 2 offers unlimited i believe. I know it offers continuous recording if plugged in and with a paid subscription

No... the Pro2 also times out at also 30 mins +/- ( just tested it for someone the other day ).

If plugged in to ac, it is always recording ( that allows the 3 sec look back ) but the only way to make it record 24/7 is with the CVR paid option

The only two that don't time out is tha Arlo Baby and the Q camera ( when last tested a yr ago )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------