Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
RogMJ007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro Wire-Free 2-Camera system.  Firmware 1.092.0.6_15695, HW H11.

I have a Western Digital 2 TB USB Drive connected to my base.  I formatted it within arlo before it started saving images.  After a few days, I clicked the button to 'Safely Eject' the hard drive.  I connected it to my MacBook Pro laptop.  I see all the files.  When I play them using Quicktime, the audio is clear.  Unfortunately, the video is heavily pixelated.  It looks as if it is zoomed at 100x or greater. Also, the video plays in portrait mode instead of landscape.  I saved the file to my network drive and viewed the file on my iPhone.  It looks exactly the same.  So, it's not the computer software.

What is the problem with how this video is being saved to the hard drive and how do I fix it?

My video is very clear when I view it from the Arlo cloud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It has been noted in the past that the video files are stored and QT reads part of the coding that is incorrect....

Netgear is aware of this. 

Try the VLC player and your vids should play fine ( till its fixed ) 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It has been noted in the past that the video files are stored and QT reads part of the coding that is incorrect....

Netgear is aware of this. 

Try the VLC player and your vids should play fine ( till its fixed ) 

Morse is faster than texting!
RogMJ007
Aspirant
Aspirant
TomMac,

Thanks for the response. I downloaded VLC and I now see the video as it should be.