Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Wire-Free Speaker only working in Browser

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cornyb304
Follower
Follower

I just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 camera system. I have been unable to get the speaker to work via the app for iPhone (6S Plus running latest firmware). My iMac runs the speakers just fine. I have checked to make sure my speaker was enabled, that my mic was enabled for that app, and I have hard reset the system twice, reinstalled the cameras twice, and re-downloaded the app multiple times. Still not even a sound, not just "low volume", simply no volume. Has there been any update on these issues. Combing through previous threads give me the impression many people have experienced the issue, but I could not find a definitive answer to this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have enjoyed every other part of the system, but this is a feature I was very much looking forward to. 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a known problem with mobile devices since you can't adjust mic gain like you can on a computer. I have an open ticket on this that was recently going to be closed but remains open after I noted that the problem still exists.  I was told it's a hardware problem which seems likely - the phone simply has limited adjustments.  The latest Android app is better but still not at computer levels.  I doubt there will be a solution unless something can be made to work with phone mic levels.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

One user recently stated it worked using her ear buds / mic but not directly  ( think is was android ) but if you have a set it would be worth a try...

Also turn off you "privacy mode" for voice and/or test with speaker phone on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------