Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
eknight
Tutor
Tutor

Camera was working fine with about 50% battery remaining. 70 degree F weather outside. Camera went offline and will not respond or re-sync to base station. The amber light blinks twice quickly, pauses for approximately 10 seconds, then blinks twice again. I have tried charging it, removing and replacing battery, nothing seems to help. Any thoughts? The camera is 3 months old. My other Arlo cameras on this base station work fine. The only thing i have not tried is replacing the battery with a new one, but I feel like that should be a warranty issue. 

I have reviewed other questions and solutions within this community, no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eknight
Tutor
Tutor
My issue was resolved by using the correct netgear-provided 12v charger. I assumed that all USB chargers are the same. When I finally dug around and found the original charger, everything came back to life as it should.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can remove the battery and just run the camera on the adapter and power cord... then sync

this would eliminate the possible bad battery

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
eknight
Tutor
Tutor

Thats a good thought, I believe I tried that combination, but will check again this evening to rule out a battery issue. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it fails with the power cord AND you have removed the device then attempted to bring it back, then Contact Netgear Support would be your next step.

Morse is faster than texting!
eknight
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, I will give it a shot and/or contact Netgear and report back. 

soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Have you resolved this issue eknight? I've got the pros for 7 days now, noticed that one camera went offline. Upon checking it has the same double blink.
soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Ok just plugged the pro camera to USB. Battery has 1%. In 7 days? Shouldn't this last 3-6 months? It didn't even have any recordings done over the past week as it's located on the side yard!
eknight
Tutor
Tutor
My issue was resolved by using the correct netgear-provided 12v charger. I assumed that all USB chargers are the same. When I finally dug around and found the original charger, everything came back to life as it should.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

soreneck,

How far away from the base is the camera? What is the signal strength like for the camera? Poor signal strength could cause the battery to drain faster than expected.

JamesC

soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, the camera is not far, most of the time it has full wifi bars, occasionally I see 2 bars. Since charging to full last Sunday, the camera is still at 100% - it's been 3 days. I'll keep an eye over it over the next few days. Could be the cold weather? It's 5 degrees (Celsius) here night time.
soreneck
Tutor
Tutor
Something weird is going on with that one camera of mine - it went dead last night after a month. Same problem - 0% batt. It doesn't have much traffic - just twice a week. I can see that battery goes down slowly but when it hit 90%, it'll become 0%.

The thing is this camera is 5 meters away from the station and there are two more camera that's further away and doing 100s clips to date and their batt are at 80%.

I got a feeling that particular battery is faulty.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

soreneck,

You could try swapping the battery with one of the cameras that is behaving normally. This could help identify if it's a battery or camera issue.

JamesC

majorhenderson
Aspirant
Aspirant

How did you identify the original charger? I have about 20 of them and don't know which one came with the Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It says Netgear along with the tech data printed on the charger.