Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro and Wink Hub 2

Discussion stats
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year! My appologies if this has been asked or addressed before;  

Does anyone know when Netgear / Arlo team plans to allow connecting Arlo Pro cameras to Wink?  Ballpark at least?

I would like to use my Arlo Pro cameras as motion sensors in order to trigger other actions around the house but I got a confirmation from the folks at Wink, stating that Netgear is not allowing it at this time.  Only older Arlo cameras work.

Any updates or suggestions (other than using IFTTT) are welcomed.

Thank you!

71 REPLIES 71
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Willyc0811, Atadayon

I've requested an update on this topic. I will provide more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Tadut
Tutor
Tutor

" " " Crickets " " "

keithchilders
Tutor
Tutor

Yep, still waiting to buy your product once it has this basic feature that you've already had working (sort of) with SmartThings since launch day. Wink needs to be able to actually render the video feed too, not just get sensor events.

nathanlf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just found this thread while trying to figure out why my Arlo Pro wouldn't work with Wink 2.  Looks like it's been a while since an update.  JamesC have there been any specifics released yet?  Everything I'm seeing from this thread is very wishy washy.  I would like some definitve information if it is out there so I know what products I need to return.  

ArloProUser74
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm hoping that the integration was just on hold because Wink is in the middle of an acquisition, which was announced this week.
Vansmak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stupid to offer integration of a product but only the older versions.
keithchilders
Tutor
Tutor
Wink owners' money not as green or delicious as SmartThings owners' money, apparently.
JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

I am also waiting for an update on this topic, I am a beta tester for WInk and they have advised me that it is on Netgears side that is holding up integration.  

Using sound and motion triggers from the Arlo Pro would be a perfect way trigger other automations around the house.

Please let us know IF/When we could expect an update on this topic.

Jeremy 

keithchilders
Tutor
Tutor

Patience, there's a lot of stairs on that ivory tower. We wouldn't want the devs to have to hear directly from customers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have been informed that Arlo/Wink engineers are currently working toward Arlo Pro integration and it should be available soon. I encourage you to take a look at the free Stringify app (another Arlo partner) which will allow wink devices to work with Arlo.

JamesC

JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it.  Can't wait for this to be available.  

I do have Stringify and IFTTT but prefer to stay away from 3rd party integration, i have enough home automation apps as it is. lol

Thanks,

Jeremy

mrhnky
Initiate
Initiate
Any update?
Piercet
Aspirant
Aspirant

More than a little annoyed that this is still not implemented. This has cost you at least $800 in further sales from me alone. Fix it.

keithchilders
Tutor
Tutor
Grats, Netgear, due to your piddling approach to giving customers... well, anything, I've also returned my Orbi for the new Samsung mesh wifi system with SmartThings built in. Now guess what I won't be buying, even though it has SmartThings support, specifically because of Netgear's complete lack of interest in fixing smart home integrations for customers?

Enjoy being run out of this booming tech space by more customer responsive competitors before even getting your feet wet.
Vansmak
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great move! Unfortunately too late for me to return but I won't be buying netgear products ever again
Djmcp
Star
Star
Any update on this JamesC? Looking forward to automating modes with wink. Stringify and IFTTT only allow to arm or disarm.
Tadut
Tutor
Tutor
Wink just came out with an update that supports the Arlo Pro Cameras.

Kind of laggy but it's something.
ARGETEN
Guide
Guide

There it is!  Finally!

I can now setup robots using Arlo Pro as motion triggers.  I will be testing delays and posting them soon.  Stay tunned!

Piercet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to add the cameras into wink, but I can't see any video via the wink app. Tried on two different samsung phones and a samsung tablet. I can see the cameras through the arlo app on the phones in question, tried rebooting the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. In the wink app itself, I can see the camera with it's proper name, and the arlo pro stock image and logo, but I do not have the blue "turn camera on or off" button. in the settings for the camera i have more details, can turn on or off battery notifications with an identical blue slider to the missing one, etc. But i can't get it to show me pictures or video from the camera itself. Any ideas?

dj13990
Tutor
Tutor

I think it only shows when it alerts or records.  You can't watch live or see anything unless it triggers a record.  Then you can see the last few.  

Tadut
Tutor
Tutor
Pictures did not show up in Wink until motion was detected. Then they started populating.
AAinCal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone have this working on iOS rather than Android? I have 3 Arlo Qs and several Arlo Pros. When I try to add devices to Wink, it sees 2 of the Qs (but not the 3rd) and none of the Pros. The Pro does show up on the list of devices that can be added on the Wink app.