Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras goes offline after sundown

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Swatgod789
Follower
Follower

So I have 4 cameras located in and outside my house. One of the cameras located outside around 7 to 8 pm would go offline and will do so until 6-7 am the next morning and would work fine thru out the whole day until again appearing offline by sun down. So I try to troubleshoot by charging the camera then place it back outside before sun down, but will be the same problem. I would re-sync the camera still the same problem. I log in and out of the arlo app but nothing I would restart the basestation again same problem. I restarted my Modem and Wi-fi Router no progress. So I decided to move my basestion else where in the house believing my wireless router was causing the issue. After doing so surprise that one camera still not working during the night. So now I decided to remove all the cameras and sync them back up after doing that the cameras (including the one camera that was the main iusse) would work, but now when 7-8 pm comes around ALL THE CAMERAS ARE NOW OFFLINE! So as of today my last option was to press the reset button on the basestation and remove all cameras and basestaion off the app. I was doing this by 4:30 in the morning after doing the whole process of syncing all cameras it started to work around 5-5:30 am I went to go place the cameras back to the assign spots while doing so all cameras appeared offline again. After looking online to find a way to fix the problem I happened to look at the basestation and saw that the cameras are back online the time was 6 am around the same time that one camera that started giving me issues in the first place would go back online. I'm posting this to see if anyone else has gone thur this and done something that I haven't tried. I still wouldn't know if i fix the problem until 7-8 tonight. If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it!

1 REPLY 1
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

First thing I would check is the schedule under mode.  You may have a schedule that is turning one or more cameras on and off.

Next thing I would try is another location for your base station.  Many household and office electronics are on 2.4 GHz and can interfere.