Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro do not sync

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
T_BR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all

I have just bought a VMC4330. (3 camera set) and none of the cameras will sync?

They start blinking blue when starting the process but after 30-60 secs the lighting turns amber (rapid blinking)

The Base is OK, 2 green lights, and I have contact on he PC and phone.

I have tried with battery and with power cord on the cameras.

I have tried uninstalling the Base. Resetting the Base. Nothing works.

What do I miss?

Kind regards

T_BR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MCN
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same problem, as mentioned above. I got several proposals for solutions from Netgear support, none worked. Then, I realised that the problems must be that I have many different wireless items, such as sound system, smart-tv etc. Netgear support proposed that I would switch off everything, which perhaps is not the best if one wants to avoid to start sync the other items again. So, I took a long network cable and moved the base station far away into an area in my home where the other wireless systems didn't reach that good. And viola, no problem to sync. Then  power off, change position for base station to where i want it, use a shorter newtwork cable, power on, and everything works. Easy as that. And, no one at the support said it. So, this is my tip - go somewhere where you signal don't cross pother signals, and do the sync. Then you can move back base station and cams where you want them working. By the way, thanks for the tips given. Most appreciated.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Most common mistake is HOLDING the base sync button.... It needs a quick push and then a sec or two later , the camera button

Open all cams to reset the camerasthen close,  and one at a time retry

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
T_BR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that already, did not help 😞

MCN
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I have exactly the same problem - bought the packages with four cams. Followed instructions and all trouble shooting tips. Have you managed your problem?
T_BR
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I will inform the place of purchase that I will be returning the product:-(

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

T_BR, MCN

Consider relocating the base station (be sure it is away from any other wireless devices that could be potentially causing interference). Bring the camera close to the base station and attempt the sync process again. Do you still see the same results?

JamesC

skylon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two Pros synced, I cannot sync the third no matter how. Arlo Pro does not blink at all. Any trick?
Streak2
Master Master
Master

To restart the Arlo pro camera make sure to open the battery door and remove and replace the battery.

Just opening and closing the door does not do a restart.

tks3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just set up 3 of 4 Pro cameras and can't get the 4th to connect. No light comes on at all when trying to sync. I have charged the camera, taken the battery out & put back in, reset the base...any other ideas?
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Take a careful read through this and make sure you have followed the steps.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/My-camera-will-not-sync-with-the-base-station-h...

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

It helps sometimes when you open up your camera's battery latch again and take out the battery and this time put it back in with a little force to make sure it comes in contact inside camera's circuitry and close it.. It did the trick and works.. 

MCN
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same problem, as mentioned above. I got several proposals for solutions from Netgear support, none worked. Then, I realised that the problems must be that I have many different wireless items, such as sound system, smart-tv etc. Netgear support proposed that I would switch off everything, which perhaps is not the best if one wants to avoid to start sync the other items again. So, I took a long network cable and moved the base station far away into an area in my home where the other wireless systems didn't reach that good. And viola, no problem to sync. Then  power off, change position for base station to where i want it, use a shorter newtwork cable, power on, and everything works. Easy as that. And, no one at the support said it. So, this is my tip - go somewhere where you signal don't cross pother signals, and do the sync. Then you can move back base station and cams where you want them working. By the way, thanks for the tips given. Most appreciated.

tks3
Aspirant
Aspirant
The forceful battery trick worked! Yay, thank you!
T_BR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi MCN

Sounds very possible. Will try before sending back.

skylon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update my case: the other two Arlo Pros have never been used (the manual says they are full charged), it seems they were out of battery, I charged them overnight. They got synced right after.
T_BR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi MCN

Tried first with turning off all wifi in the house by no luck. Perhaps because I have a router with both 2,4 and 5Mhz.

Anyhow I got a 100m cable and when to the basement, and it did the trick 🙂

Thanks

Kind regards

Thomas

surfer1000
Luminary
Luminary
I'll tell you all how to fix it… .turn off the 2.4 band on your router, sync and then turn it back on!
T_BR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not that technical so the cable did it for me 🙂