Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
eytsics
Guide
Guide

My Arlo Pro camera facing my driveway has stopped working after 2 days of on and off heavy rain.  Battery went dead to 0%.  I recharged the battery to 100% and then installed in the camera but it did not power it up.  It briefly lit the red LEDs and that's about it.  I tried rebooting the whole system and that one camera is still dead.  I used the Arlo Pro supplied cable for the wireless camera and plugged it in the outlet but it's useless.  It did not power it up.  

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eytsics
Guide
Guide

Thank you guys for all the input.  After I chat with Angelie from Netgear Support, my camera is working again.  What she told me to do is to power cycle.  So I unplugged the power cable and internet cable from the base station.  After that, I resync the camera to the base and the camera turned back on.  

What a relief!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
brh
Master
Master

Can you try another camera there using that cable? 

Is this the cable that Arlo recalled?

If the other camera works then we know the cable/charger is ok. If not, you may have a defective cable/charger. It might have gotten wet somehow.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the cam wet inside?

Pull the battery and attempt to resync to base using the ac adapter only ( eliminate possible battery problem )

If still NG and led doesn't flash blue once when you plug in, contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
eytsics
Guide
Guide

The Arlo charger cable works fine.  I tried the other camera with it.  I was saying that I plugged the Arlo Pro camera with the supplied Arlo charger cable to see if the camera in question works.  It is the camera that is not showing life.

eytsics
Guide
Guide

As TomMac suggested, I will try to resync...

eytsics
Guide
Guide

TomMac, 

There's no water inside the camera as I opened it.  The location of the mount with the camera does not have protection from the rain.  Unlike my front porch camera which is covered with a roof.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Mine went dead also exposed to heavy rain. Luckily though the camera came back by plugging in to AC without the battery.. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have various cameras that are fully exposed to rain and never had a problem except for a faulty seal from an outdoor charger. Obviously, any device can have a failure point so utilize your warranty.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you try the battery from your other camera in this camera?

I did notice that the little flap that 'seals' the USB port gets a bit slack over time. I have to really ensure it is closed properly before I remount my cameras that aren't under eaves. I have one camera that's on a fence that points downwards so I'm always really concerned about that one getting water in the charging port. Touch wood, no problems yet but I would say that's probably going to be the point of leakage if that's what's happened

eytsics
Guide
Guide

I did try the other battery with 100% charge and it did not power up the cameraSmiley Sad

brh
Master
Master

Have you tried using a blow dryer to get rid of any moisture/water inside? I once slipped and fell into the water while photographing a waterfall and when I got home used my wifes hair dryer on it. After an hour or so the camera started working again and worked flawlessly for several more years until I got rid of it. The electronics do start corroding very quickly though.

Brian

eytsics
Guide
Guide

Thank you guys for all the input.  After I chat with Angelie from Netgear Support, my camera is working again.  What she told me to do is to power cycle.  So I unplugged the power cable and internet cable from the base station.  After that, I resync the camera to the base and the camera turned back on.  

What a relief!

steve_t
Master Master
Master

That's great news! Strange that you went from "no life" to being able to resync the camera though. I would have thought you would need "life" as in a blinking LED on the camera to sync. All good though. Great to have a great outcome!