Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Thafman
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 2 arlo pro cameras that have been working great up until a week ago or so. Now both show offline in the app. Power cycled base station and one camera. Still offline. Re-Synced same camera. Camera showed online for only a few minutes before going offline again. 2nd camera is very hard to reach so I have not worked with it yet. Was an update pushed out recently? Not sure why these would start acting up after working great four months.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thafman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signal strength was good on both cameras and they did come back online for a short time before showing offline again.  I pulled both cameras down and brought them within a few feet of the base so I could resync.  Once I resync'd the cameras to the base it showed that a firmware update was available.  I updated the firmware on both cameras.  They are both online right now.  I will watch them for a day to make sure they are stable and then put them back on their mounts.

Thanks

Tim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you can always check the updates... last for PRO appear to be July

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Obv, a change in something... interference, new router, etc?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thafman,

An update was released for Arlo Pro last night. What is the signal strength like for these cameras? Poor signal strength could have resulted in the update failing and the cameras dropping offline.

JamesC

Thafman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Signal strength was good on both cameras and they did come back online for a short time before showing offline again.  I pulled both cameras down and brought them within a few feet of the base so I could resync.  Once I resync'd the cameras to the base it showed that a firmware update was available.  I updated the firmware on both cameras.  They are both online right now.  I will watch them for a day to make sure they are stable and then put them back on their mounts.

Thanks

Tim

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
What were the 'bug fixes' that the update solved please?