Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro makes clicking sound

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got this camera when It 1st came out. I hear a clicking sound all the time . Is this a firmware problem or a camera problem.????

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What's the light level? Maybe it can't decide between day and night vision.

cbby
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine does too! Its a repeated clicking sound (like a fan) and I'm on the latest firmware.

JimChevy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here and the most recent firmware installed. I have 4 pros, 2 inside and 2 outside and all make that clicking noise at night.
BansheeRider
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine does during live view. I don't care because they operate flawless otherwise and it doesn't affect the video/audio quality.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cbby, JimChevy

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

cbby
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did open a ticket - and its been days and NOBODY has responded. 

For the $650 I spent, I'd expect more. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cbby,

I have reviewed your case and it appears an agent has reached out to you requesting more information. Please refer to your open support ticket.

JamesC

Blurryvision
Tutor
Tutor

I have this same problem: daytime or night time, live view or recorded video.  It's a constant ticking / clicking like a fan.  Video works great but this consntat ticking is driving me nuts.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Blurryvision,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Blurryvision
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, I'm going to work with support right now.  But if they want to charge me to ship the device back, I'm going straight back to Best Buy to exchange my Arlo Pro camera system.  I want to love this product, but this will be my SECOND exchange.  Hopefully 3rd time is a charm.