Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dane
Star
Star

Just got my new Arlo Pro yesterday and noticed that the magnet seems to be weak or the battery might be heavier as it keeps slipping or moving down on the mount and does not hold position. Anyone else notice this or have this problem?

twice I have set it up and it seems it just slips down, does not fall off but does not stay in position. It is a bit heavier than the first generation arlo and wonder if that is the reason. 

81 REPLIES 81
Maalouf
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, so I finally had the chance to do this (sand the rubber piece on the back) and nothing helped. The cameras slowly dragged back down. I want to know the next solution to try as my outdoor cameras are now facing the ground and offering no help is protecting my home.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've successfully used a small piece of balloon between the camera and mount.  You could also buy an inexpensive screw-in mount - any of the thousands of camera mounts using a 1/4"-20 thread would work.  Amazon has tons.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Didn't someone say they received a RMA camera and the rubber on the back was different and it fixed his issue? My half ball mounts have a rough texture and the camera has a white"sticky" rubber in the socket, does that mean I'll have issues with mine sliding?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I said that but maybe someone else did, too.

You won't necessarily have issues - you just need to try it.
larealboy
Guide
Guide

This is my problem also.  I got a set from Best Buy but one of the cameras was bad.  I returned and purchased a new set but I instantly noticed the box was old but Best Buy claimed they were new battery.   When I got home, I noticed these batteries were not packaged as the first set I purchased.  Needless to say, the cameras keep moving.  I saw somone said the newer mounts have a grainy texture.  I can guarantee Best Buy had these for a while because my mounts are not grainy, they are slippery.  

Maalouf
Tutor
Tutor

I will tell you that I purchased another set from BB last week for my mom and the mounting domes that came with this set are good. The cameras stay in one place. I Want to know if Netgear will ship out replacements for all of us that bought the older set.

larealboy
Guide
Guide

Maalouf, did you notice the difference between the domes?