Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro vmb4000 "H8" firmware

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KErichsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

update firmware from 1.092.0..1_11504 fails to download file. Device is working fine but keeps reminding me to update the firmware. Message is update files - file did not download - please tr again

4 REPLIES 4
SallyC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have read elsewhere on the forums to try powercylcling your base station and see if that helps.  Perhaps others more knowledgeable than me know of something else.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also , confirm your battery is 70% or better

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KErichsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestions, but power cycling and recharging the camera batteries was not successful in downloading the firmware update.

I saw somewhere — the original conversation was written in Spanish — that part of the problem might have to do with bandwidth for processing the firmware update. I've no idea what might bandwidth capacity is, but it may be on the low side. This is an AT&T DSL connection, and the folks at the AT&T store indicates I'm at the end of the line, meaning that I'm more likely to have been with problems

If that's the problem, power cycling isn't going to help. But I wonder if there is some way of doing the firmware update manually. If it's just a matter of downloading the patch file and installing it, I think I could probably do that successfully. If anybody could offer a cancer guidance?

Thank you,

Kurt

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the speedtest.net app or web page to determine network speeds.

You can't manually update the firmware but you could temporarily move your system to another location with faster speeds. Others have done this and successfully updated the firmware.